THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:58 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
He, Busted and his team are fucking wonderful.

Can't wait for them to jump to Huddersfield in about 11 months

No chance.

He will go to Swansea.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:36 pm 

I think the players and the fans have something to believe in again under Williamson.

Whilst I got it at the time, GA seemed to be very much a 'just get the job done' sort of appointment. Doesn't matter how, just get us back up. Unfortunately for him we had a young squad low on confidence after relegation and many of which had been recruited to play a certain way and in a certain system. This January feels a bit like Manning's first proper window when he clearly had an influence over bringing in Coventry, Kemp and Wickham, so Winkelman and Sweeting are buying into what Williamson is doing and long may it continue! The turnaround in results, performance and my mood watching games have been significant.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:43 am 

The manager is a very interesting character. We met him at a club event and my mrs did not believe he was a football manager. He is a very cerebral, calm sort of guy- you can’t imagine he was a premier league centre back at all.

My son was a mascot last week and so we ended up sat right on the front row next to where MW was standing in the technical area. Again as a manager he barely said anything bar checking a player or two was ok after a bad tackle, he was saying ‘ good’ to himself a lot when our quick passing at the back broke us out, but was absolutely calm the whole match despite losing in the last minute.

The comments by the assistant mid week and MW yesterday were also quite an interesting listen. Watson said we are still not passing it enough and still going forwards too quickly. And Williamson yesterday was almost annoyed with how many times he has had to tell Jack Payne to stand still . Now I wouldn’t recognise both of those things. If anything I think we overplay at times like the first half yesterday, and I think Payne has been sensational as he is constantly where the action is , getting on the ball as bannan does so well at sheff wed . The manager sees things that we don’t and to be fair it is working.

Credit to PW and LS for getting him, he is pretty much perfect for our club. As others have said. I don’t think we will keep him longer than a couple of years as he is destined for big things.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:23 am 

i think we have a really good manager lets enjoy him and the football whle he is here. hope he stays for a long time. it got me thinking how things work out in football . two things that have happened with me . my son had a mate when he was bout 10 the 2 of them were always out kicking a kicking a ball and his mate was stuart maynard who is now notts c manager. on top of that my cousin is ceo at brentford . funny old world this football lark.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:58 pm 

Early days of course but MW is 8-1 for the Huddersfield job.

I can see him being in demand from higher leagues.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:13 pm 

Zen wrote:
Early days of course but MW is 8-1 for the Huddersfield job.

I can see him being in demand from higher leagues.

Might as well be 800/1 at the moment, yes he will be in demand but he is far too shrewd to jump this quickly when he has settled in so well. I imagine the earliest we will lose him could be end of the year/start of next year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:16 pm 

I could regret saying this, but he strikes me as a guy who wouldn't jump at the first opportunity. No doubt he would have had suitors from the top job he done at Gateshead, but held on for the right role (Us).

I don't doubt a Bristol City or a Swansea City would turn his head, but I can't see him pissing off to a Huddersfield or a Rotherham of this world, who aren't exactly hot prospects or aligned to style.