THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mw, staff and players!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:17 pm 

Could anyone have imagined we would have jumped from 18th to 3 points off the autos with such a huge amount of time still on our side?

Huge achievement from the gaffer in his first go in the efl at a club in freefall, the support staff stepping up in his absence and time of neeed and the players to adapt to a completely different formation and philosophy implemented in the last 2.5 managers.

So much ch time left to cement our place in the autos!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:21 pm 

Were we really as low as 18th at one point? Jesus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:50 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:

GA was fucking shite - perhaps our worst ever manager (yes worse than Neilson) given the squad he had. MW and his team on the other hand are clearly very good coaches. I’m honestly so delighted it’s worked out the way it has. This is MK Dons. We are so back!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:09 pm 

He’s done well, so has the support staff, imagine where we might be now if MW was appointed in the summer.

He must have been on the radar then

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:14 pm 

Scribble wrote:
He’s done well, so has the support staff, imagine where we might be now if MW was appointed in the summer.

He must have been on the radar then

Didn’t we got like 11 games without a win under GA. Christ almighty. MW from the summer and we are top two easily.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:04 pm 

We would be top two and we wouldnt be second

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:18 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

GA was fucking shite - perhaps our worst ever manager (yes worse than Neilson) given the squad he had. MW and his team on the other hand are clearly very good coaches. I’m honestly so delighted it’s worked out the way it has. This is MK Dons. We are so back!

The issue with GA is that I don’t think he’s ever had a decent squad before. The one thing I bleated on about during his tenure here is that he treated this squad like they were underdogs in every game they played. Sitting deep, inviting pressure and hoping to counter.

I’d have been offended if I was one of the players. His style pretty much said “you’re not very good at football so just get rid when you can”.

Thank god for MW.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:41 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

The issue with GA is that I don’t think he’s ever had a decent squad before. The one thing I bleated on about during his tenure here is that he treated this squad like they were underdogs in every game they played. Sitting deep, inviting pressure and hoping to counter.

I’d have been offended if I was one of the players. His style pretty much said “you’re not very good at football so just get rid when you can”.

Thank god for MW.

No way EWD, he managed fecking Salford in the national league. He has had plenty of good squads. He is just dogshite :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:46 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Thank god for MW.

No way EWD, he managed fecking Salford in the national league. He has had plenty of good squads. He is just dogshite :lol:

Ah forgot about that one! He just strikes me as a manager of a northern league club with a low budget.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:57 pm 

He, Busted and his team are fucking wonderful.

Can't wait for them to jump to Huddersfield in about 11 months

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit