THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:57 am 

AB4 wrote:
Or just stick with Harrison, Dennis and Tezgel.
Either way, massive blow if Max is injured. He brings more than goals to the team

Only player I even remotely trust there is Harrison and even then, he’s only looked good as a super sub.

Dennis not EFL standard. Tezgel looks ok for highlights but never played professional football before.

We have to get someone in. We cannot make the same mistake we did when Mo got injured.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:00 am 

AB4 wrote:
Or just stick with Harrison, Dennis and Tezgel.
Either way, massive blow if Max is injured. He brings more than goals to the team

Its not just his goals. He didn't score against the nobs from London, but was instrumental in getting them down to 9 men and the hilarious own goal. It the nicest possible way he is a shithead footballer and very much a WUM . I love his work and if he is injured that is a huge huge blow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:26 am 

If max dean has a bad injury that is an absolute disaster for our season.

Massive, massive pressure on Harrison now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:39 am 

Barely any free agent strikers available anyway, unless we want Wickham back :roll:

Looks like we’re stuck with what we’ve got.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:52 am 

Unless it happened yeaterday they knew about this on deadline day and opted to only bring in 1 18 year old whose never been tested at any professional mens level. Hope he does well but to go into the remainder of the season with an 18 year old and a super sub is a farce tbh.

As third choice wildcard signing tezgel was acceptable. Knowing your top goalscorer will miss the rest of the season is us not learning from mistakes, again!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:16 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Unless it happened yeaterday they knew about this on deadline day and opted to only bring in 1 18 year old whose never been tested at any professional mens level. Hope he does well but to go into the remainder of the season with an 18 year old and a super sub is a farce tbh.

As third choice wildcard signing tezgel was acceptable. Knowing your top goalscorer will miss the rest of the season is us not learning from mistakes, again!

It happened before deadline day

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:29 pm 

Troy Deeney is available. :?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:35 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

It is what it is. I am guessing that is why we got him in as well things considered we knew max was injured rumour is it's a hammy and it looks like two months out. It's not so much his goals as I said its his ability to be annoying. I mean he has only scored 1 in his last 7 games so goals wise he isn't at the races. Harrison should lead the line but and Tezgel will be on the bench. I will be looking more at the back now to keep clean sheets. Don't concede you don't lose then the pressure is off the attackers. But 6 clean sheets all season is fucking appalling.

On a side note. Wasn't max Dean also an 18 year old with no professional experience when we purchased him? He hasn't done to badly this season overall.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:13 pm 

Yeah how long did it take dean to settle and find that form, 2 months or?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:15 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

It is what it is. I am guessing that is why we got him in as well things considered we knew max was injured rumour is it's a hammy and it looks like two months out. It's not so much his goals as I said its his ability to be annoying. I mean he has only scored 1 in his last 7 games so goals wise he isn't at the races. Harrison should lead the line but and Tezgel will be on the bench. I will be looking more at the back now to keep clean sheets. Don't concede you don't lose then the pressure is off the attackers. But 6 clean sheets all season is fucking appalling.

On a side note. Wasn't max Dean also an 18 year old with no professional experience when we purchased him? He hasn't done to badly this season overall.

That's true. Dean's done brilliantly in his first full season after acclimatising for a while after his move in January. Of course, the difference in the Tezgel scenario is that he doesn't get that grace period of a few months acclimatising - he's only on loan here for those few month's so needs to hit the ground running. Especially if, as now seems likely, the pressure's going to be on him more as a key striker with Dean's injury. Was hoping he'd been signed as a bonus option should the worst happen - unfortunately the worst has happened straight away by the sounds of it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next