THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: AFC Captain Apologises
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:34 pm 

The AFC Captain has apologised for Tuesday nights drubbing.

As your club’s captain I understand the importance and significance that Tuesday night’s fixture has. We were simply not good enough and completely deserve anything you have said about us in the aftermath of that result. We will not make excuses and sit behind two red cards. The game was done before half-time. There is no excuse or explanation - we simply did not do what makes us who we are. It’s no one’s fault but our own. As a group we can only apologise for Tuesday’s game. One of the reasons this club is so special is the way it reacts and overcomes adversity and tough moments. And I have absolute faith and no doubt that we as a club can move forward and show absolute resilience in our unity to stick together as we have done in years gone by. Football moves quickly and can change from game to game. We have an opportunity against Mansfield Town on Saturday to put in a positive performance as we have done many times this season. I know even after Tuesday that you will still turn up in your numbers and support our group of players and staff as that is what makes you, the supporters, special compared to other clubs. We have a huge opportunity to take points off a team who are doing very well. We will need everyone - the starting players, those coming off the bench, the staff and most importantly the noise that you, our fans, can make. Up the Dons. Together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:47 pm 

They're "special fans" alright.

Oh, and the captain definitely wrote that. Absolutely all his own words. No help from anyone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:33 pm 

Full contrition would have been to say 'we will beat Milton Keynes Dons next time we play them at Stadium MK'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:06 pm 

WellDon wrote:
The AFC Captain has apologised for Tuesday nights drubbing.

As your club’s captain I understand the importance and significance that Tuesday night’s fixture has. We were simply not good enough and completely deserve anything you have said about us in the aftermath of that result. We will not make excuses and sit behind two red cards. The game was done before half-time. There is no excuse or explanation - we simply did not do what makes us who we are. It’s no one’s fault but our own. As a group we can only apologise for Tuesday’s game. One of the reasons this club is so special is the way it reacts and overcomes adversity and tough moments. And I have absolute faith and no doubt that we as a club can move forward and show absolute resilience in our unity to stick together as we have done in years gone by. Football moves quickly and can change from game to game. We have an opportunity against Mansfield Town on Saturday to put in a positive performance as we have done many times this season. I know even after Tuesday that you will still turn up in your numbers and support our group of players and staff as that is what makes you, the supporters, special compared to other clubs. We have a huge opportunity to take points off a team who are doing very well. We will need everyone - the starting players, those coming off the bench, the staff and most importantly the noise that you, our fans, can make. Up the Dons. Together.

No need for that old chap. Spirited, but unlucky, performance by your boys. Could happen to any team.
All credit to your fans too. Seem like a decent lot. Made plenty of noise.
Good luck against Mansfield.
Looking forward to playing you again in March.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:35 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
They're "special fans" alright.

Oh, and the captain definitely wrote that. Absolutely all his own words. No help from anyone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They really do think they are something don't they?

An ordinary bunch of fans for an even more ordinary team. I see some of their fans have even started counting on the fact they have enough points to not go down at least

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:45 pm 

For a club who pretend not to acknowledge this fixture they aren't half suffering a headloss..

You lost a game of football, fucking grow up and move on

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:35 am 

The funny thing is they all go on about we don’t exist, so it doesn’t matter, they all cry, their skipper apologises proving it does exist, and it fucking well hurts…….im still laughing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:24 am 

Halfhearted at best. Not one single mention of refunding those that travelled.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:41 am 

We all know ChatGPT wrote this. The topic was "half arsed apology to fans for being humbled by their most hated of rivals"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:57 am 

Actually,I hope they do respond and beat Mansfield. We need all the help we can get overhauling the top three.