THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:49 am 

I listened to most of it back yesterday via the full match replay while at work to get the sense of what it was like for their radio listeners… you barely got a sense of the game actually going on and half of the time they were just moaning about either being there or that they were fans themselves so the way the game went hurt.

Multiple instances of them saying ‘we just want to be in, our, and home for tea’.

After the second Red they made a second mention of wishing the media box was more central so they weren’t in the ‘belly of the beast’ and this time that they wanted to be away from the customers ‘triumphalism’.

Then possibly the only time they actively mentioned something of ours was when Lewington got subbed off. No names again though, just a ‘you can guess who is coming off because we’ve mentioned it’ type of comment.

It really was hilarious listening. Two grown men having a tantrum. Well worth it if you have iFollow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:57 am 

Yes. I listened to the important bits in that way. I know someone who works in radio and he said it would take a good deal of skill to do what he did; keep yourself in check with no names of those involved in any tackles, incidents or goals, the home crowd, the ground, the location etc for 90 minutes!

I expect he puts that proudly on his cv. Incredible. Childish and pathetic.
Such a shame they lost in such an utterly humiliating manner.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:48 am 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
The whole commentary thing is baffling to get my head around. What does it achieve? Everybody knows the situation. They might not like to acknowledge we exist but every single one them understands what happened 20 years ago. Anybody that is tuning in to watch or listen to the game, is doing it because they care about a football match. Pretending the opposition's players are invisible is just weird. But then again, we shouldn't be surprised, because that's what they are - a very weird bunch.

Bet he's happy enough to help himself to the hospitality the club put on for the media though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:54 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
I listened to most of it back yesterday via the full match replay while at work to get the sense of what it was like for their radio listeners… you barely got a sense of the game actually going on and half of the time they were just moaning about either being there or that they were fans themselves so the way the game went hurt.

Multiple instances of them saying ‘we just want to be in, our, and home for tea’.

After the second Red they made a second mention of wishing the media box was more central so they weren’t in the ‘belly of the beast’ and this time that they wanted to be away from the customers ‘triumphalism’.

Then possibly the only time they actively mentioned something of ours was when Lewington got subbed off. No names again though, just a ‘you can guess who is coming off because we’ve mentioned it’ type of comment.

It really was hilarious listening. Two grown men having a tantrum. Well worth it if you have iFollow.

You listened back to the whole match? Wow, you’re one dedicated fan. Impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:25 pm 

dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

You listened back to the whole match? Wow, you’re one dedicated fan. Impressive.

The nature of the job means I can listen to things like podcasts or music while I get on with things so it was no different to that really. I did skip bits, but the hilarious parts are the start, the period where we scored the goals, the red cards and then as we lead into second half added time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:55 pm 

DippyDon wrote:

He missed a great opportunity to say he wishes there was no press box at all.

Honestly though, mate, next time don't bother. Send a couple of the 9 Years Podcast boys who look like they actually want a future in the business.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:54 am 

Gers wrote:
Even our West Country friend has almost given up.

Think you might've spoken a bit too soon there mate.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:12 am 

Gers wrote:
Gers wrote:
Even our West Country friend has almost given up.

Think you might've spoken a bit too soon there mate.

What's it saying now? Anything new? I suspect not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:55 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
You've lost the "we won't acknowledge them" Feeling

Wasn't that a song by The Self Righteous Brothers?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:04 pm 

Supervisor number 5 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
You've lost the "we won't acknowledge them" Feeling

Wasn't that a song by The Self Righteous Brothers?

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next