THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Proud
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:06 am 

I have to say I went into this mornings (last nights) games with a lot of fear. I was terrified the result on Saturday and the questionable performance from the keeper would make this squad very nervous. Should I have feared, we went into the last home game with the fear of Franco in goal. The meltdown on here beforehand was hilarious. However with Lewie, Gilbey, Woz and Harvie I was hoping their influence in the dressing would be key though, maybe they could show how important todays game was.

We went into the game with the world of social media against us, not just due to the game but because of our recent attendances. Well done Twitter world, so original. Then we lost our Head Coach due to a family bereavement, so I send my condolences to Mike and his family.

The first half hour was absolutely superb. The funny thing is that our players playing for a fake team with customers in an empty soulless stadium seemed to care a hell of a lot more about putting in a performance for the fans, sorry customers, than the players did for the 1988 FA Cup winners yet formed in the 21st century, Tooting based, Kingstonian ruining, sorry spirited, adored, morality kings of world football. We played our football and ignored the noise. Either they are shit or the occasion of playing a fake plastic franchise with no fans or atmosphere was overwhelming for them.....

I was disappointed Kemp didn't take his chance early in the second half and it was a shame that Marschall made an absolute howler to bring it to 3-1. After the reds it was easy. Should we have gone for 4, 5, 6 ? Maybe. But we'd already lost Norman to injured, Harvie was a worry after his shot on goal caused an issue and maybe passing it around fairly slowly and pointless for 20 minutes was the best way to end the game. I have to say I loved when Lewie and Gilbey were both on the floor late in the first half and lifted each other up, there was a clearly a cheeky smile and a 'what the fuck is happening here' moment. If you missed it try to find it on iFollow.

Now a massive shout out to Max Dean. When he arrived he gave the impression that so many of our youth team players do. Runs around a bit but doesn't do much. He has stepped up big time his season, particularly since GA left - thank fuck for that. . But the celebration after their second red, the fist pumps at the end, the tweet after the game. This kid 'get's it'. Like many of Russ' signings and others who joined in 21-22 such as Darling, Twine and Coventry. 'Getting it', or whatever that means is so important to us. We've had better strikers, we will have better strikers, but the passion, commitment and the will to embrace MK Dons is phenomenal.

Last night was important for this club. I'm sad I watched it from my laptop with a coffee this morning rather than being there to witness it, but then again I usually hate the build up and the game so maybe it was for the best.

We move on to normal football. But well done to everyone involved and this one was for you gaffer! Up the fucking franchise.

Post subject: Re: Proud
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:22 am 

Max Dean is also still only 19 years old. He runs around like a 19 year old but he has the confidence of someone much older. He is in a weird kind a way, a bit of a leader in the team but not in the same way as Lewi, Gilbey or O'Hora.

How often do you see a striker get man of the match when they haven't scored or assisted? He'll be disappointed not to have taken his chances, but his link up play at times is superb. The little flicks into the runners, the awareness of where is team mates are. The lad is top class. I actually thought Harrison came on and did well, but rightly so his game time is limited by an exceptional 19 year old up front.

As for the game, our football at times was the best it's ever been. We cut AFC apart time and time again. The wind definitely played a key part though, but their 2 red cards in the second half showed how well we actually dealt with it in the first we were were defending against it.

Also, I watched the red cards back and the angle on iFollow really doesn't show how blatant fouls they were.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:32 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
I have to say I went into this mornings (last nights) games with a lot of fear. I was terrified the result on Saturday and the questionable performance from the keeper would make this squad very nervous. Should I have feared, we went into the last home game with the fear of Franco in goal. The meltdown on here beforehand was hilarious. However with Lewie, Gilbey, Woz and Harvie I was hoping their influence in the dressing would be key though, maybe they could show how important todays game was.

We went into the game with the world of social media against us, not just due to the game but because of our recent attendances. Well done Twitter world, so original. Then we lost our Head Coach due to a family bereavement, so I send my condolences to Mike and his family.

The first half hour was absolutely superb. The funny thing is that our players playing for a fake team with customers in an empty soulless stadium seemed to care a hell of a lot more about putting in a performance for the fans, sorry customers, than the players did for the 1988 FA Cup winners yet formed in the 21st century, Tooting based, Kingstonian ruining, sorry spirited, adored, morality kings of world football. We played our football and ignored the noise. Either they are shit or the occasion of playing a fake plastic franchise with no fans or atmosphere was overwhelming for them.....

I was disappointed Kemp didn't take his chance early in the second half and it was a shame that Marschall made an absolute howler to bring it to 3-1. After the reds it was easy. Should we have gone for 4, 5, 6 ? Maybe. But we'd already lost Norman to injured, Harvie was a worry after his shot on goal caused an issue and maybe passing it around fairly slowly and pointless for 20 minutes was the best way to end the game. I have to say I loved when Lewie and Gilbey were both on the floor late in the first half and lifted each other up, there was a clearly a cheeky smile and a 'what the fuck is happening here' moment. If you missed it try to find it on iFollow.

Now a massive shout out to Max Dean. When he arrived he gave the impression that so many of our youth team players do. Runs around a bit but doesn't do much. He has stepped up big time his season, particularly since GA left - thank fuck for that. . But the celebration after their second red, the fist pumps at the end, the tweet after the game. This kid 'get's it'. Like many of Russ' signings and others who joined in 21-22 such as Darling, Twine and Coventry. 'Getting it', or whatever that means is so important to us. We've had better strikers, we will have better strikers, but the passion, commitment and the will to embrace MK Dons is phenomenal.

Last night was important for this club. I'm sad I watched it from my laptop with a coffee this morning rather than being there to witness it, but then again I usually hate the build up and the game so maybe it was for the best.

We move on to normal football. But well done to everyone involved and this one was for you gaffer! Up the fucking franchise.

Great post - I agree with everything you have said.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:34 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Max Dean is also still only 19 years old. He runs around like a 19 year old but he has the confidence of someone much older. He is in a weird kind a way, a bit of a leader in the team but not in the same way as Lewi, Gilbey or O'Hora.

How often do you see a striker get man of the match when they haven't scored or assisted? He'll be disappointed not to have taken his chances, but his link up play at times is superb. The little flicks into the runners, the awareness of where is team mates are. The lad is top class. I actually thought Harrison came on and did well, but rightly so his game time is limited by an exceptional 19 year old up front.

As for the game, our football at times was the best it's ever been. We cut AFC apart time and time again. The wind definitely played a key part though, but their 2 red cards in the second half showed how well we actually dealt with it in the first we were were defending against it.

Also, I watched the red cards back and the angle on iFollow really doesn't show how blatant fouls they were.

RE Dean - this might sound mad but he reminds me in some ways of Harry Kane. Not only does he have a good strikers instinct but his ability to drop deep and link play is excellent. He has a good pass on him aswell. I think the lad could go right to the top.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:20 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

RE Dean - this might sound mad but he reminds me in some ways of Harry Kane. Not only does he have a good strikers instinct but his ability to drop deep and link play is excellent. He has a good pass on him aswell. I think the lad could go right to the top.

I know what you mean; he reminds me of Troy Parrott. Hardworking and 'ahead of his years'. Giving his all and full of praise and enthusiasm for the club. :D