THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 651
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:43 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
voxish wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Not just saying this because its them, but I thought their support was dreadful. They made a little bit of noise before kick off but as soon as the whistle went, they went completely mute. Bizarre.

Usually you expect away fans to make a bit if noise regardless of numbers, but my god they were silent.

They were in the top deck right in the corner - the acoustics are not that good.

They didn't even attempt to make noise though.

I really don't understand why we put fans up in the top corner. It makes the ground look even emptier. I heard it was for stewarding costs, but you still need some stewards up there. I'm all for returning to fans being in the lower tier, even though its of no real benefit to us.

They would be brave to try a pitch invasion from up there tho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:59 pm 

There are so many reasons fans in the top tier is an absolute pit of a decision by the club.

But the one I don't get is "stewarding costs" bollocks.

See that massive Yokohama tarpaulin thong? And the other few advertisements? Whack them across the first 1p rows, push the away fans higher so they can't get close to the pitch. Have a steward on each stairwell of the away end, and you wint see many getting on.
I don't think that's the sole reason, of course, but the worry of it, it'll likely contribute.

I get serious joy out of the fact they get the dearest area of a pretty soulless ground. I don't want them to have anything good. But even I can remotely sympathise with them for being pushed up there. Same for every other side. Just absolutely pointless, to me.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:57 pm 

My plums just said, "it doesn't matter where you put those c*nts, they'll have their backs to the pitch anyway."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:49 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
voxish wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Not just saying this because its them, but I thought their support was dreadful. They made a little bit of noise before kick off but as soon as the whistle went, they went completely mute. Bizarre.

Usually you expect away fans to make a bit if noise regardless of numbers, but my god they were silent.

They were in the top deck right in the corner - the acoustics are not that good.

I really don't understand why we put fans up in the top corner. It makes the ground look even emptier. I heard it was for stewarding costs, but you still need some stewards up there. I'm all for returning to fans being in the lower tier, even though its of no real benefit to us.

I arrived at 4.55pm last night for my shift , was told they had a load of ex military in for the away fans. Saw 3_blokes who looked hard as nails arrive and sign in , so that must have cost !!
It is for costs. Don't have to have stewards around the pitch at at the away end and one less pitch runner too

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:13 pm 

midland don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
voxish wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

They would be brave to try a pitch invasion from up there tho

They could throw themselves off the balcony onto the pitch in a kamikaze gesture if they really cared. Very poor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:58 pm 

I agree with sticking them up in the corner. Why would you want away fans behind the keeper?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:27 pm 

Is there a sweep on 'guess the value of the damage they caused that their club will have to pay'? :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:07 pm 

The away fans positioning saves steward costs: this is because there is only one way in and out of that bit therefore no need for more stewards covering more entries / exits.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:00 pm 

Also, I believe it was in part down to the amount of drinking on the concourse that was happening with away fans in the lower tier. It was the reason there was the tarpaulin put up to stop the view of the pitch (same reason it’s up in Lewie’s) but would also have required a small army of stewards to stop it in some instances.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:06 pm 

Krobbo was always a fan of sticking away fans up in the Gods, as a way of getting a marginal advantage, whenever he was allowed. I didn’t always agree with the gobby Scouser but I think he got that right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next