THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 651
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:12 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Not just saying this because its them, but I thought their support was dreadful. They made a little bit of noise before kick off but as soon as the whistle went, they went completely mute. Bizarre.

Usually you expect away fans to make a bit if noise regardless of numbers, but my god they were silent.

3-0 down in 25 minutes against your biggest rivals probably doesn't help. But I have to agree with you that they were pretty poor.

But even at 0-0 there wasn’t a murmur from them

To be fair, with the speed of the outlets 10 minutes wasn't enough time to get settled and started :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:55 pm 

Taking all rivalry aside, that number on a midweek in January isn't too bad. Put it this way, if we took that to Sutton on a Saturday (near enough same distance) we'd be happy.

Majority who come are their young adults who got the latest train into Bletchley. Probably because they tried to cram Green Street into their afternoon of unemployment before they got to B Town... so basically, a bunch of sissies who don't actually care/aren't actually angry about anything but want to pretend they are.. but deep down they know they're not fussed, hence the late train.

Gimps. Bit mildly okay numbers.
Shit vocally, mind.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:20 am 

To be fair, thats a reasonable turn out for a tuesday night away with crap weather and before a January payday. Im also starting to think that we might be starting to see the next gen of fans for them, younger, less stuck with the past and more about supporting their own team as opposed to just hating ours. Im naïve I know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:28 am 

Magpie wrote:
To be fair, thats a reasonable turn out for a tuesday night away with crap weather and before a January payday. Im also starting to think that we might be starting to see the next gen of fans for them, younger, less stuck with the past and more about supporting their own team as opposed to just hating ours. Im naïve I know.

Nah, I think you're right. A lot of them are getting sick of the 'pretend they don't exist' crap. It's almost feels like a trend to just pretend to hate us but deep down, they don't. The issue is with the club itself and their level of petulance. If you watch their managers interview, he also goes out of his way not to name us but that'll be from instruction from the club. There is no way he gives a flying fuck, neither do any of the players, because they're normal human beings.

Not sure who it is at their club driving this, but for their sake they need to become a bit more professional and maybe recruit a younger media team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:34 am 

Some blame the result on the sunshine
Some on the moonlight
Some on the good times

But AFC fans blame it on the atmosphere

Quote:
Playing in that soulless bowl doesn’t help. No atmosphere whatsoever. At least we can generate a good atmosphere when the team is on it. A few times this year the ground has been rocking.

I've also read the result doesn't matter as they've gone through the leagues the right way and we always have 20,000 empty seats.

Clutching at straws methinks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:38 am 

I am aware of at least two supporters ( both women ) who do not go to AFC games because they are frightened of getting involved in unpleasant incidents. Maybe there are others as well for that reason.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:52 am 

Supervisor number 5 wrote:
Some blame the result on the sunshine
Some on the moonlight
Some on the good times

But AFC fans blame it on the atmosphere

Quote:
Playing in that soulless bowl doesn’t help. No atmosphere whatsoever. At least we can generate a good atmosphere when the team is on it. A few times this year the ground has been rocking.

I've also read the result doesn't matter as they've gone through the leagues the right way and we always have 20,000 empty seats.

Clutching at straws methinks.

To be fair, they do have a kind of point about soulless. The cowshed did a pretty good job last night after absolutely top drawer efforts by Dons Action to get at least block 11 full but in a ground the size of ours it is a bit like shouting into the abyss. Its the same for both sides though and is just an excuse for L2 players who are often playing in front of just a few thousand fans so well used to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:32 am 

The numbers weren't great last night, but there absolutely was an atmosphere. They will never admit it because it doesn't fit their narrative, but we made an excellent noise last night. Having even just a block or two packed out in the Cowshed makes a huge difference.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:42 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Not just saying this because its them, but I thought their support was dreadful. They made a little bit of noise before kick off but as soon as the whistle went, they went completely mute. Bizarre.

Usually you expect away fans to make a bit if noise regardless of numbers, but my god they were silent.

They were in the top deck right in the corner - the acoustics are not that good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:12 pm 

voxish wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

They were in the top deck right in the corner - the acoustics are not that good.

They didn't even attempt to make noise though.

I really don't understand why we put fans up in the top corner. It makes the ground look even emptier. I heard it was for stewarding costs, but you still need some stewards up there. I'm all for returning to fans being in the lower tier, even though its of no real benefit to us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next