THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:18 am 

My son and I have moved to bring a drink in, with insulated cups it is easier, cheaper and saves queuing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:36 am 

Oldfarmdons wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Those in the bars drinking their poison and those queuing all half time for their Brovil and pizzas (yuck), may have missed the league 1 scores shown on the screens instead of league 2 scores. No wonder the players were confused in the 2nd half or were they over confident?

I noticed that too - I was expecting it to move on to L2 but no such luck! It's like the wrong opponent's badge shown on the turnstile machines before Christmas - you just wonder how.

Just someone not doing their job properly - we probably pay peanuts and nobody checks anything.

It's a bit like the other day on TV they actually broadcast an old weather forecast by mistake - someone loaded the wrong file. It was 2 degrees with frost and snow showers outside, but wet, mild and windy on TV.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:23 pm 

The club has become so lacklustre in customer focus. These are the things the so called supporters board should be taking club to task on however, that board is made up of nodding dogs other than southstander and Dons Action. The others are there for the boardroom acquaintances with several having long term association rather being picked on merit. No point talking to MKDSA as they represent very few we consistently shrinking membership and is an organisation walking dead with 6 committee members.

In saying all this, the club has to get a grip but of course it’s racking in £10 a match to park your car!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:55 pm 

Clubblack wrote:
The club has become so lacklustre in customer focus. These are the things the so called supporters board should be taking club to task on however, that board is made up of nodding dogs other than southstander and Dons Action. The others are there for the boardroom acquaintances with several having long term association rather being picked on merit. No point talking to MKDSA as they represent very few we consistently shrinking membership and is an organisation walking dead with 6 committee members.

In saying all this, the club has to get a grip but of course it’s racking in £10 a match to park your car!

you only have to look at the vacancies going. Most of them around minimum wage jobs yet they want a string of attributes as long as your arm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:35 pm 

As a former Chair of the DSA I complained regularly about service issues at concessions and in Lewington’s, it had no impact whatsoever in fact all I got in return was animosity.
I also raised the issue with Pete, he said…..What do you expect it’s a football ground.
I haven’t spent a penny in the ground since.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:04 am 

Been drinking away from the ground for nearly a year. Haven't been to Lewington's before or after or during a game since about March.
They don't want to impress and work for their customers so why should I bother paying £5.30;for a plastic shite beer? The lovely lady and staff at the pub I drink at are more welcoming than anyone employed at the club

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:13 am 

Good point made above in regards to both the supporters board and the SA. What on earth do they actually do? Apart from a twice weekly Facebook stream and away coaches, I can't think of a single thing either organisation does. And to be fair, it's the SA that does both of the things I've mentioned. What is the point of the supporters board? What is it for?

Getting back to the concessions and bars. Pete is right. It's a football ground, what do you expect!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:55 am 

https://sporttomorrow.com/10-awesome-wa ... ience/amp/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:12 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Been drinking away from the ground for nearly a year. Haven't been to Lewington's before or after or during a game since about March.
They don't want to impress and work for their customers so why should I bother paying £5.30;for a plastic shite beer? The lovely lady and staff at the pub I drink at are more welcoming than anyone employed at the club

You and me both (that is, when I'm not driving to the game). Totally agree.

As for Lewington's, I wandered up there at the start of its existence and it was crowded. That was nice I thought but I could see that it would take an age to be served - and again at vast expense anyway. After all that has been posted on here about the place since I haven't been back. No idea what its like now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:48 am 

Brando wrote:
Same in the cowshed bar.

I’m not sure I’ve ever known another business make it so difficult for its customers to spend money.

The only way is to go and get your pint about 42 minutes in....a real pain

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next