THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:51 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Zeberdee wrote:
New issue now that will focus a few minds. since they've cut down on stewards there's no one to police the pre function bar on the red stand so people have been going in and getting drinks

And so they bloody well should be. If I'm going to pay £6 for a pint of shit lager with a chemical twang to it, I expect to be able to stand on carpet while doing so.

The carpet went years ago!

Ripping it up and replacing with cheap vinyl flooring was a cost saving measure. Quicker to clean therefore costs reduced by a decent percentage. i.e. a 2hr job becomes 1hr, and doesn’t need replacing every five years. Same with the chairs and tables in there. Clutter to move means cleaning takes more time.

That’s the economics of the club nowadays as we’ve all witnessed. Stupid by the club really because CR looks about half the attendance it was five years ago. Myself and the gang all moved out once it became apparent that the only CR benefit the club could claim was “well, you don’t get the sun in your eyes”. Fair enough, but not worth paying a £10+ per game premium on. They’ve lost ST holders they’ll never get back (irrespective of what we do on the pitch) because of their penny pinching.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:35 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
The carpet went years ago!

Ripping it up and replacing with cheap vinyl flooring was a cost saving measure. Quicker to clean therefore costs reduced by a decent percentage. i.e. a 2hr job becomes 1hr, and doesn’t need replacing every five years. Same with the chairs and tables in there. Clutter to move means cleaning takes more time.

That’s the economics of the club nowadays as we’ve all witnessed. Stupid by the club really because CR looks about half the attendance it was five years ago. Myself and the gang all moved out once it became apparent that the only CR benefit the club could claim was “well, you don’t get the sun in your eyes”. Fair enough, but not worth paying a £10+ per game premium on. They’ve lost ST holders they’ll never get back (irrespective of what we do on the pitch) because of their penny pinching.

Tells you how long it's been since I've been in there! :lol: The whole ground just felt a bit bleak, lifeless and drab yesterday, and it wasn't even that cold.

I sat in the middle of the East Stand and I was shocked just how quiet the CR and Club Gold seats were on the other side.

I was also shocked just how easy it was to get served in the East Stand bar at HT - I can remember when that used to be heaving around that time, and yesterday there probably wasn't more than about 50 people in it. Whether that's people giving up on trying to get a drink, or going upstairs to Lewie's instead, I couldn't say.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:59 pm 

We were in there on 40 mins, to be fair

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:00 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
We were in there on 40 mins, to be fair

Even when I went back to get another one, there was barely any queue.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:05 pm 

Quote:
The whole ground just felt a bit bleak, lifeless and drab yesterday, and it wasn't even that cold.

Sphere; troll alert ;)