THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Quite cold
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:02 am 

I am fucking freezing here. I've been working outside all week. The drawback of being one of the less than 5000 air source heat pump installers in the country is that the fucking thing sits in the garden. Which is smashing in summer, not quite so smashing in -7o which it was yesterday morning. So I'm all good for sitting in the stands as it can't possibly be any colder than it was yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:18 am 

Gers wrote:
I am fucking freezing here. I've been working outside all week. The drawback of being one of the less than 5000 air source heat pump installers in the country is that the fucking thing sits in the garden. Which is smashing in summer, not quite so smashing in -7o which it was yesterday morning. So I'm all good for sitting in the stands as it can't possibly be any colder than it was yesterday.

Just reach out and touch the warmth of my personality. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:39 pm 

Yet another game postponed by Mansfield. Think that's 4 now this season?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:10 pm 

Gers wrote:

Is that the new name for MK Dons home fans? :?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:18 pm 

Gers wrote:

Do air source heat pumps actually work at -7oC?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:27 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Gers wrote:

Yes they do, most will operate normally to around minus 15c, some even will at minus 25c

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:27 am 

Scribble wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Gers wrote:

Yes they do, most will operate normally to around minus 15c, some even will at minus 25c

My fellow ASHP enthusiast speaks the truth. They’ll work with temperatures as low as -20. Our biggest customer, a massive new build housing contractor, are only going to install them going forward. They're actually stopping gas fired installs on their new sites.

I’ll freely admit that the technology isn’t quite ‘there’ at the moment, but give it another 10 years and we’ll all be having them. For example. I did a site in Woburn Sands a couple of years ago and it was quite literally a nightmare. Up to the point that I told my company that I was leaving as it was far too stressful. This week I was fitting the same manufacturer’s system and the tech' had moved on so quickly that it was unbelievable.

The biggest problem is a drastic lack of installers. I’m 61, and the only person in my entire company who knows how to connect them. I’ve been on two courses with different manufacturers, and I’ve installed at least 5 different types of heat pumps in the last two years, but there’s no one else in my company who are interested in learning how to do it. Getting back to my age, not only am I really old and will be retiring soon, as most will know I’m disabled. So there’s an opening coming up soon for someone who likes working in -7o.

Anyway… COYD.

Last edited by Gers on Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:29 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Gers wrote:

Just reach out and touch the warmth of my personality. 8-)

Always...