THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:58 pm 

The Wirral Globe reporter even changed the club names based on the number of arrests.

"AN arrest has been made after a “large-scale” fight broke out between Tranmere Rover and MK Don fans following Saturday's fixture between the League Two sides"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:15 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Scum. wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2GIztrokD5/?igsh=Y3U1dmlvMDI4NW0w

Looks like we lost this battle (based on possession of the centre of the road and shots on target), but good training for the two AFC games I think.

Only 1 arrest from the Tranmere Rovers Rampage Squad.

https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/2405 ... dons-fans/

16 years old carrying a weapon. Fuck me what is wrong with the world. It wasn't even anything worth fighting fans over. Dean poured fucking water over someone. Water. Fucking idiots.

I can tell you it's very common.
Those scenes were all that I hoped I'd never see again at a football game. The swarming around and kicking on the ground is especially unpleasant - not to say serious - whoever was doing it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:20 pm 

Over the years I've developed not quite a soft spot but a affection to that club because one of my old friends (who I've lost contact with but nonetheless) was a fan. She came to the very first AFC game in fact, I got her a ticket because she found the thing so interesting. Through her I got to know a load of their lot on Twitter and other forums etc, and they've always carried themselves very well and self aware.
I'm speculating, but being from an area of neglect through government etc (different conversation depending on your political viewpoint but not withstanding) for decades, away from football it's had a stigma that a lot of people from Merseyside and Birkenhead etc really dont like, and I've often seen a lot of them say how for such a proud and together region there is a violent angry core that let themselves down. Same for a lot of things I suppose. Nobody wants to be associated with knife crime and murders and even less so how it affects how others look at you.

Myself, Dippy and a few others were in a really friendly pub after the game where a couple of their fans came over and were very kind and welcoming. Everything you saw on VFTOS was about football and about how good we were. The same as the people in that pub. Nobody made us feel like we had to keep our heads down because of the stuff outside the ground, in fact it was barely mentioned.

My only guess is that the scallies that were front and centre of it aren't proper Tranmere fans. They're local yobs who can't afford to go and support Liverpool or Everton, don't really care if they get banned or pinched.
I'm not here to properly defend them because the idiots who came around and kicked people and hit them because a footballer squirted an absorbant liquid in their direction are not to be defended - far from it. I just don't know if they're the face of the club that their true fans really want associated with them. I don't know how often they have occurrences like this but it isn't the first time it's happened - I was only saying to a fan at half time about a few incidents down the years from our visits there. Policing was poor, there was little to no protection afforded to those who wanted to avoid it, they were outside the away end throwing themselves at anyone they fancied. To be in a pub half a mile away with loads of Tranmere fans who were friendly and welcoming less than 20 minutes after and for a good hour and a half or so and have no issues whatsoever speaks volumes to me on what "that" group of people really are, and what the "other" group really are.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:36 pm 

midfielder wrote:
The Wirral Globe reporter even changed the club names based on the number of arrests.

"AN arrest has been made after a “large-scale” fight broke out between Tranmere Rover and MK Don fans following Saturday's fixture between the League Two sides"

Scousers, what do you expect? Can barely spell their own names correctly, let alone a soccer club.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:39 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Over the years I've developed not quite a soft spot but a affection to that club because one of my old friends (who I've lost contact with but nonetheless) was a fan. She came to the very first AFC game in fact, I got her a ticket because she found the thing so interesting. Through her I got to know a load of their lot on Twitter and other forums etc, and they've always carried themselves very well and self aware.
I'm speculating, but being from an area of neglect through government etc (different conversation depending on your political viewpoint but not withstanding) for decades, away from football it's had a stigma that a lot of people from Merseyside and Birkenhead etc really dont like, and I've often seen a lot of them say how for such a proud and together region there is a violent angry core that let themselves down. Same for a lot of things I suppose. Nobody wants to be associated with knife crime and murders and even less so how it affects how others look at you.

Myself, Dippy and a few others were in a really friendly pub after the game where a couple of their fans came over and were very kind and welcoming. Everything you saw on VFTOS was about football and about how good we were. The same as the people in that pub. Nobody made us feel like we had to keep our heads down because of the stuff outside the ground, in fact it was barely mentioned.

My only guess is that the scallies that were front and centre of it aren't proper Tranmere fans. They're local yobs who can't afford to go and support Liverpool or Everton, don't really care if they get banned or pinched.
I'm not here to properly defend them because the idiots who came around and kicked people and hit them because a footballer squirted an absorbant liquid in their direction are not to be defended - far from it. I just don't know if they're the face of the club that their true fans really want associated with them. I don't know how often they have occurrences like this but it isn't the first time it's happened - I was only saying to a fan at half time about a few incidents down the years from our visits there. Policing was poor, there was little to no protection afforded to those who wanted to avoid it, they were outside the away end throwing themselves at anyone they fancied. To be in a pub half a mile away with loads of Tranmere fans who were friendly and welcoming less than 20 minutes after and for a good hour and a half or so and have no issues whatsoever speaks volumes to me on what "that" group of people really are, and what the "other" group really are.

The irony being it was probably Liverpool fans fighting other Liverpool fans then. Mind you, most of ours are London, so probably a bit of Liverpool vs West Ham/Chelsea in there too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:19 pm 

Nah, our fans are tories according to their chants so can't be Liverpool fans too :D

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:49 pm 

Several people including MW have mentioned Max's behaviour. Now if he DID throw water at a fan, as I said elsewhere, that's technically an assault. I doubt he'd be charged with that but it has to be seen as 'inflammatory'. Hence the bundling down the tunnel by his team mates. Refs can card players for goading fans but whether that applies after a game (if it DID occur after the finish) I don't know.
I imagine he has been 'spoken to' for whatever he did. He was silly and naive.

However as no-one seems to know exactly what happened it seems, to me, unlikely that anyone who got a bit wet suddenly gathered together a posse to ambush the away fans. The lot who did that had maybe planned it anyway. :?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:32 pm 

To be fair to Dean, he tried talking to them and it didn’t work. Water was the next (and only) logical move.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:55 pm 

He's got to go. Irrespective of his talent in front of goal, that's totally unacceptable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:58 pm 

Gers wrote:
He's got to go. Irrespective of his talent in front of goal, that's totally unacceptable.

Go where?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next