THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cisse
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:56 am 

Stuff the love in for this bloke.

He is clearly not fit enough nor has the required ability to play at this level.

We may as well have 10 players playing.

We can’t afford to carry him for the rest of the season - it’s like playing with ten men.

He ghosts and wonders around in his own world thinking he’s a born again Vieira - he’s not!

Post subject: Re: Cisse
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:00 am 

we was winning yesterday until he went off. It sounded like on the radio that he played well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:04 am 

Slow , ponderous , didn't close down or work with the team. Stealing a living

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:05 am 

RedDotDon wrote:
Stuff the love in for this bloke.

He is clearly not fit enough nor has the required ability to play at this level.

We may as well have 10 players playing.

We can’t afford to carry him for the rest of the season - it’s like playing with ten men.

He ghosts and wonders around in his own world thinking he’s a born again Vieira - he’s not!

I respect your opinion but have to disagree. He did look very very off the pace at the beginning of the season, but IMO has grown into the league, yes he does look like he's playing at half speed but some of that will be down to his size. The only player any of the Pompey fans I spoke to on the way home yesterday picked out was him, one even going as far as picking his substitution out as the changing point (which has been discussed ad nauseam on here so I won't go further on it). Even under KRobbo we used to say we lacked size, well one of the few things Robbie left was a few larger lads. Cisse provides a bit of muscle and presence and of course the occasional unexpected burst of pace and has a decent passing range. If you honestly believe we're carrying him you are watching a different player to me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 am 

He is a marmite player one minute he looks in total control and the next like he has never seen a ball before, from a fans point of view though he is guilty of the ultimate sin of when losing the ball/misplacing a pass ambling back or waving his hands at the ref/teammates/ opposition players.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:31 am 

He's fine as a defensive midfielder, but did look a little leggy in a more advanced role against Portsmouth.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:35 am 

He played well yesterday.. Very calm on the ball and I don't recall him giving it away once. Controlled midfield for us, but of course because he is tall and slow, he is assumed lazy and at fault for everything.

We were winning until he was subbed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:42 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
He played well yesterday.. Very calm on the ball and I don't recall him giving it away once. Controlled midfield for us, but of course because he is tall and slow, he is assumed lazy and at fault for everything.

He didn't have a bad game in central midfield, although once he tried too many step overs / flicks and then kicked the ball out when he was trying to pass to Brittain. He was ineffectual out wide when we had three wide players on the bench and defending set pieces he gave their No 9 far too much space.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:50 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

He didn't have a bad game in central midfield, although once he tried too many step overs / flicks and then kicked the ball out when he was trying to pass to Brittain. He was ineffectual out wide when we had three wide players on the bench and defending set pieces he gave their No 9 far too much space.

For me the substitutions were poor. I really rate McGrandles, but he shouldn't have replaced Pawlett as they are a different type of player. Nesbitt or BTA should have come on for Pawlett and McGrandles in place of Cisse (instead of EEL)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:54 am 

I thought he was poor yesterday, never won a header, pushed off the ball easily, rarely chased back, ok he did some good stuff as well, but a half and half performance like this is not going to get us out of this mess.
We need people that are prepared to put a whole shift in, I just don’t count him in the few that are willing or capable to do that.