THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Pompey at home.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:59 pm 

Yet another campaign for a large following, Pompey have so far sold 4,100 tickets and have been given another 900 with more available if required!

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/201 ... pass-4000/

More dosh for players!

Post subject: Re: Pompey at home.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:02 pm 

If we win the place will erupt.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:08 pm 

Yes, this is the match I am looking forward to most coming up in the next few weeks. We will need the points in our relegation scrap, they will need the points in their promotion push...should be immense. And their fans always make a noise...including the chap with the bell !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:27 am 

Similar article :

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8346456

SMK may break records for most away fans, just because there is the potential to do so !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:57 am 

Its a lot of ifs and buts however, imagine if something like this happens:

We play good football towards the end of the season and stay up with momentum and entertainment

2 of birmingham, sunderland, bolton or hull get relegated to league one

3 of bradford, Pompy, posh, charlton, and 1 of northampton or afc stay in league one

2 or 3 of Luton, wycombe, coventry or lincoln go up ....

I think we could genuinely challenge our highest ever league one season attendance both on a single match day and/or the avg over the course of a whole season

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:08 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

We play good football towards the end of the season and stay up with momentum and entertainment

3 of bradford, Pompy, posh, charlton, and 1 of northampton or afc stay in league one

I think we could genuinely challenge our highest ever league one season attendance both on a single match day and/or the avg over the course of a whole season

The really big shout is Luton next season....someone who supports Luton I know said they would "easily" bring 10,000.
I can see the fixture with them as "new" derby rivalry, esp if we are in the same league for a few years.
I would not mind going to their place too...I did so in the early 1980s, when they were in the old First Division and flying high.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

The really big shout is Luton next season....someone who supports Luton I know said they would "easily" bring 10,000.
I can see the fixture with them as "new" derby rivalry, esp if we are in the same league for a few years.
I would not mind going to their place too...I did so in the early 1980s, when they were in the old First Division and flying high.

Were you stuck behind a post in a grotty little stadium?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:28 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Ha ha, yes ! Went a few times, including in the old away end once when they played Arsenal. The ground has not been modified that much ever since. However, it is good for atmosphere as so compact and close to the pitch - and I reckon those of us who go next season will enjoy it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:30 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

When Universal Credit is rolled out they won't be able to afford to come.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:48 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

I had a Luton season ticket for about 10 years - some fond memories and would like to go back in the away end this time - Ricky Hill was my idol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next