THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:11 am 

Saturdays performance and result have been coming in the post for a while now. We have been really quite poor for a good few weeks now and its very reminiscent of the very early days of GA for me, albeit with the intent much more positive but with an equal amount of execution.

Williamson holds some responsibility for it and he has made a fair few unusual team selections of late but its more than that for me.

I was quite vocal under the GA regime to the irritation of some on here that the players we have really arent very good. I do think MW has managed to coax a bit more out of a few but ultimately we have the same paperthin on quality squad. If Payne and or Dean arent quite at it, then we are reduced to a pretty bang average side.

I note kemp is now back and we will really have to see how that goes. Im all for calling him back from Swindon but its far from certain he even wants to be here and also we dont really know if he will actually play for us or not.

I also called for patience and I think thats more key now than ever before. The surge up the table makes it easy to forget how much work is to be done and thats still the case. MW is shaping up to be a decent prospect for us and could make himself a very nice career here if hes given the time and resources. We can do our bit as well as a fan base by managing our expectations and giving him and the team a bit of space to grow into.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:26 am 

Magpie wrote:
Saturdays performance and result have been coming in the post for a while now. We have been really quite poor for a good few weeks now and its very reminiscent of the very early days of GA for me, albeit with the intent much more positive but with an equal amount of execution.

Williamson holds some responsibility for it and he has made a fair few unusual team selections of late but its more than that for me.

I was quite vocal under the GA regime to the irritation of some on here that the players we have really arent very good. I do think MW has managed to coax a bit more out of a few but ultimately we have the same paperthin on quality squad. If Payne and or Dean arent quite at it, then we are reduced to a pretty bang average side.

I note kemp is now back and we will really have to see how that goes. Im all for calling him back from Swindon but its far from certain he even wants to be here and also we dont really know if he will actually play for us or not.

I also called for patience and I think thats more key now than ever before. The surge up the table makes it easy to forget how much work is to be done and thats still the case. MW is shaping up to be a decent prospect for us and could make himself a very nice career here if hes given the time and resources. We can do our bit as well as a fan base by managing our expectations and giving him and the team a bit of space to grow into.

The last paragraph is spot on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:29 am 

I going to say the unthinkable. Dan Harvie is better on the left of a three at back. There, I have said it.

Also Norman is better than Williams on the right and Harrison needs to start.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:49 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
I going to say the unthinkable. Dan Harvie is better on the left of a three at back. There, I have said it.

Also Norman is better than Williams on the right and Harrison needs to start.

Agree on Harrison, I thought he improved us yesterday. I do think Harvie did a good job at LCB but I’d still keep Lewi there for now as his composure on the ball is important. I don’t think Norman is a good RWB, so I’d move Tomlinson over there.

Based on the current squad and if everyone was fit, I’d like to see something like the below. Can’t decide between Gilbey or Robson.

Attachments:
IMG_1677.png
IMG_1677.png [ 185.49 KiB | Viewed 26484 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:49 am 

Harrison is a donkey, in what way should he start?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:01 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:

Yes that thought had also crossed my mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:23 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

For a donkey he has scored 3 goals in 550 minutes and also gives a bit if physically in defence and attack. I would put Dean wider, in place of Eisa, although I we haven't played as well since Grant has been dropped and of course we now have Kemp back too.6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:36 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

For a donkey he has scored 3 goals in 550 minutes and also gives a bit if physically in defence and attack. I would put Dean wider, in place of Eisa, although I we haven't played as well since Grant has been dropped and of course we now have Kemp back too.6

He Haw ter done better than that IMHO....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:45 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

He Haw ter done better than that IMHO....

Twat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:01 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Why the hell would you move our best player out of his best position where he causes havoc to play a lesser player?