THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:13 am 

It is easy to look at the transfers and players linked and think only about the rest of the season but I wonder if we may see some longer term thinking rather than putting all our efforts into the here and now. I think it is clear Mike Williamson is an 'MK Way' Head coach so I wonder if we will see the transfers being about the medium to long term.
For example the link to the Aston Villa keeper he had on loan at Gateshed previously assuming it is a permanent deal would be interesting as I see no reason we can't get promoted with Craig McG in goal however he doesn't seem to be the ideal keeper for the long term.
I would suggest we have a few players who don't fit the long term plan, Leko & Burns (we don't play wingers so they are a round peg in a square hole when they play), Smith & Stewart (decent players but not in this style), McGilvray as already mentioned. Any chance to move them on should be taken as having them around isn't beneficial to the long term.
Kemp is interesting as I can see him fitting in well and clearly we will see what MW thinks, he would be short term due to his contract but in terms of imbedding the style he could really help even if he moves on at the end of the season.
I think the biggest transfer MW needs is a Joe Tomlinson clone to play on the other flank, it seems clear to me he wants the wingbacks to be an out and out threat which is why we have seen Harvie and Norman at wide centreback, in a dream world we get a Sorinola/KKH/Kioso style player on loan and then we can really fly.
Anyway my biggest hope is we think long term, I really don't want to see a Conor Wickham, Elliot Ward style over the hill type signing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:28 am 

Need players out before anything happens, surely? Squad is massive.

Terminate Stewarts loan (if possible). Kelly will leave as end of contract.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see any of the below leave:

Eisa, Leko, Burns, Devoy and Smith. Thats assuming we can offload them (loan or transfer).

I think Devoy still has something to offer but may need to make room for players MW wants to bring in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:56 am 

Sorinola currently available on a free - although seemingly Championship bound.