THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lewie and the record
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:13 pm 

So if Lewie plays on Saturday and Boxing Day that will be the record broken for most league appearances for one EFL club beating John Trollope, which itself is a 43 year old record. It doesn't even count his Wimbledon appearances (we all know we are the same club ;) ) Crazy thing is the man can still go at 39. If we don't go up I could see it being another season for him. Man is a bloody machine!

Post subject: Re: Lewie and the record
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:51 pm 

Be interested to know where you found that. I don't disbelieve it, but I have searched every where for this info and I find all sorts of different facts regarding player's appearances for a club. Lewie is rarely mentioned in any list and when he is there is always people ahead of him. Does anyone know the actual figures for Lewie, the best I have found is 770. Is this right ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:56 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Be interested to know where you found that. I don't disbelieve it, but I have searched every where for this info and I find all sorts of different facts regarding player's appearances for a club. Lewie is rarely mentioned in any list and when he is there is always people ahead of him. Does anyone know the actual figures for Lewie, the best I have found is 770. Is this right ?

He's currently on 769 league appearances for MK Dons. John Trollope currently has the most (770 with Swindon) so Lewi will equal the record if he plays on Saturday.

Should Lewi beat the record (highly likely) I doubt it'll ever be beaten, or at least not for a very long time. If you include his Wimbledon league appearances, then Lewi is currently on 798.

https://twitter.com/EFL/status/1737778839432945690 - Confirmation of his current league appearances.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:02 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
donmentor wrote:

He's currently on 769 league appearances for MK Dons. John Trollope currently has the most (770 with Swindon) so Lewi will equal the record if he plays on Saturday.

Should Lewi beat the record (highly likely) I doubt it'll ever be beaten, or at least not for a very long time. If you include his Wimbledon league appearances, then Lewi is currently on 798.

https://twitter.com/EFL/status/1737778839432945690 - Confirmation of his current league appearances.

I saw the same post of Facebook. I don't do X. Xzibit is the only one who can give me an X

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:50 pm 

donmentor wrote:

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/december/ ... efl-club-/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:36 pm 

When Lewie breaks this record on Boxing Day, I’d like to see him subbed off at about 85 minutes, so he can then get the standing ovation he thoroughly deserves

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:36 pm 

I vaguely remember it was all in The Citizen :?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:06 pm 

Scribble wrote:
When Lewie breaks this record on Boxing Day, I’d like to see him subbed off at about 85 minutes, so he can then get the standing ovation he thoroughly deserves

I’d like it the other way. Put him on the bench and sub him on after a couple of minutes so he gets his own entrance onto the pitch.

That or some sort of guard of honour when both teams come out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:00 am 

History.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:18 am 

Guard of honour on Boxing Day would be very fitting. Its amazing anyone has been able to reach those numbers in the modern game.