THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:06 pm 

I have been reading about Dan Micciche to try and get some insight on him, his work and what we can expect in the coming months and years and I have to say I think the fans will have a huge say in whether they be club changes to an upward trajectory or the current slump continues.

Firstly it is clear Dan is a people person who enjoys coaching, spending time improving players by using new and innovative training drills which aren't repeated unnecessarily. I think this will be welcomed by players who are likely to enjoy training a bit more which should lift confidence and spirits.

However Dan seems to want everyone to express themselves on the pitch and challenges them to be brave on the ball and whilst this is something as fans we will enjoy it may be difficult for some players who are used to a more conservative safety first approach. More than that though the fans are very flat and misplaced passes are a cause of groans and moans rather that applauded for their attacking intent, this may filter to players and cause disjointed play and could quickly affect any boost in moral.

Where Dan wants to do things so differently a preseason is a luxury we would pay dearly for as I anticipate any new manager bounce will be quickly followed by some mixed performances. If I was a betting man I would expect to see us deliver a couple of thumping results when we click but also some head scratching games where we look all at sea.

So as fans we need to support the team regardless of performance, recognise the attacking intent in failed moves and passes remembering what it felt like under RN and why this is the right way forward. There will be bumps in the road but I for one believe going to Stadium MK or travelling with the team will overall be a far better football experience.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:15 pm 

I think players like Rab are going to do well under Dan but less so our two central defenders. I just hope he doesn’t try to run before he can walk.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:16 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
I think players like Rab are going to do well under Dan but less so our two central defenders. I just hope he doesn’t try to run before he can walk.

You beat me to it.

Can Ebanks-Landell be excused from expressing himself and leave his bravery to defending rather than passing? Short, safe passes from him please.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:30 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

You beat me to it.

Can Ebanks-Landell be excused from expressing himself and leave his bravery to defending rather than passing? Short, safe passes from him please.

If he can only walk, then he can still keep up with EEL and Lewie........ :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:31 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
I have been reading about Dan Micciche to try and get some insight on him, his work and what we can expect in the coming months and years and I have to say I think the fans will have a huge say in whether they be club changes to an upward trajectory or the current slump continues.

Firstly it is clear Dan is a people person who enjoys coaching, spending time improving players by using new and innovative training drills which aren't repeated unnecessarily. I think this will be welcomed by players who are likely to enjoy training a bit more which should lift confidence and spirits.

However Dan seems to want everyone to express themselves on the pitch and challenges them to be brave on the ball and whilst this is something as fans we will enjoy it may be difficult for some players who are used to a more conservative safety first approach. More than that though the fans are very flat and misplaced passes are a cause of groans and moans rather that applauded for their attacking intent, this may filter to players and cause disjointed play and could quickly affect any boost in moral.

Where Dan wants to do things so differently a preseason is a luxury we would pay dearly for as I anticipate any new manager bounce will be quickly followed by some mixed performances. If I was a betting man I would expect to see us deliver a couple of thumping results when we click but also some head scratching games where we look all at sea.

So as fans we need to support the team regardless of performance, recognise the attacking intent in failed moves and passes remembering what it felt like under RN and why this is the right way forward. There will be bumps in the road but I for one believe going to Stadium MK or travelling with the team will overall be a far better football experience.

I think I can manage this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:10 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:

You mean ....don't boo? :shock:
Some won't be happy with that.