THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:35 am 

Yes! Car parking facilities alone made it necessary.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:23 am 

Council Kev wrote:
A tight compact full(ish) ground in the lower leagues is an asset. In an ideal world having a second much smaller ground would've been brilliant, but not being able to get our own training ground up and running anything else is just pie in the sky.

Got to look at it from the other angle for me

Aim for getting attendances up rather than wondering if a smaller ground would be better

Getting a league or two higher of course but also initiatives to get more in. More local kids teams bussed in (as I know the do but more regularly)

Some marketing across town, some free merch for kids to wonder about in and make the badge more visible (I rarely see it in close by Leighton Buzzard except for one bloke in my gym) ....maybe get the shop to have more merch (affordable rather than overpriced Casttore ) - again kid friendly stuff they'll be walking adverts for

The kids Xmas party was excellent and the family gun day too...our kids like the Kid zone too. Expand these though and maybe family ticket for games ?

Improving the food offering at the ground would help too

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:00 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Council Kev wrote:
A tight compact full(ish) ground in the lower leagues is an asset. In an ideal world having a second much smaller ground would've been brilliant, but not being able to get our own training ground up and running anything else is just pie in the sky.

Aim for getting attendances up rather than wondering if a smaller ground would be better

Getting a league or two higher of course but also initiatives to get more in. More local kids teams bussed in (as I know the do but more regularly)

Some marketing across town, some free merch for kids to wonder about in and make the badge more visible (I rarely see it in close by Leighton Buzzard except for one bloke in my gym) ....maybe get the shop to have more merch (affordable rather than overpriced Casttore ) - again kid friendly stuff they'll be walking adverts for

The kids Xmas party was excellent and the family gun day too...our kids like the Kid zone too. Expand these though and maybe family ticket for games ?

One of the best attempts I've seen to try and get the word 'kids' into a single post the most often - perhaps even the G.O.A.T.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:04 pm 

I absolutely love stadium MK. It is a wonderful stadium, perfect for families as I have. I would not swap it for any other stadium.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:07 pm 

WellDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Just waiting for Camdenite to swoop in and say "you do realise that..." :lol:

You don’t think I made this post for any other reason do you ?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:15 pm 

Plum wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

One of the best attempts I've seen to try and get the word 'kids' into a single post the most often - perhaps even the G.O.A.T.

Oh so I suppose you don't agree with Whitney Houston then?

https://youtu.be/IYzlVDlE72w?si=wmQJzcCtelBn7EOQ

Whitney was always right when she said "children are the future"

In fairness her attitude to crack wasn't so good but she got plenty right

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:32 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Plum wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

In fairness her attitude to crack wasn't so good
but she got plenty right

Seriously, I think marketing merchandise at kids, etc, is a good idea for the reasons you give. Trying to get them to like the thing (in this case MKD) as it is - not changed just to appeal to them - is important.

While I was mainly just making a silly pun, as a general point I do get fed up with so many things nowadays being changed (in a shortened / louder / dumbed down way) in an effort to make them appeal to 'kids' while, at the same time, making them far less appealing to many of the current fans of that thing. It's as if existing fans, or anyone over a certain age, doesn't get given any consideration and their views and preferences dismissed as 'old fashioned traditionalists' as the thing they love gets altered for the benefit of potential future fans.

But that's more of a general point that's a lot more relevant to plenty of other things than it is to the suggestions you made regarding our dwindling fan base.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:44 pm 

Plum wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Plum wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

but she got plenty right

Seriously, I think marketing merchandise at kids, etc, is a good idea for the reasons you give. Trying to get them to like the thing (in this case MKD) as it is - not changed just to appeal to them - is important.

While I was mainly just making a silly pun, as a general point I do get fed up with so many things nowadays being changed (in a shortened / louder / dumbed down way) in an effort to make them appeal to 'kids' while, at the same time, making them far less appealing to many of the current fans of that thing. It's as if existing fans, or anyone over a certain age, doesn't get given any consideration and their views and preferences dismissed as 'old fashioned traditionalists' as the thing they love gets altered for the benefit of potential future fans.

But that's more of a general point that's a lot more relevant to plenty of other things than it is to the suggestions you made regarding our dwindling fan base.

I can see how it would get annoying to have everything aimed at kids if it ain't your thing......I've got two (9 and 11 girls) who I'm busy indoctrinating as fans at MK as our local team.

I'm optimistic at the moment.....MW is getting it right for us on the pitch and I feel things are looking up

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:05 pm 

Plum wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Plum wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

but she got plenty right

The on the pitch stuff has been appealing for our girls recently....the Bradford win was probably one of the best games in terms of their interest and excitement

Max D is such a character too that they've really warmed to him .....more characters on the game is always welcome I think

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:11 pm 

It's a shit stadium which is far too big for us. In fact I'm seriously beginning to doubt the wisdom of moving Wimbledon here in the first place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next