THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:31 pm 

paul4040 wrote:

We also apparently got a loan fee.

I think all that ever means is Barnsley are paying us a part (or all) of his wages rather than a fee on top of those wages. Effectively his monthly salary will still go into his bank from us, we just have some cash from Barnsley to offset it.

Say he’s on £150K per year and Barnsley agree they’ll pay us a £50K “loan fee”. With four months of the season as a Barnsley player that’s effectively the same thing.

It’s a nice way to make it sound like a W for the loaning club.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:38 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
paul4040 wrote:

I think all that ever means is Barnsley are paying us a part (or all) of his wages rather than a fee on top of those wages. Effectively his monthly salary will still go into his bank from us, we just have some cash from Barnsley to offset it.

Say he’s on £150K per year and Barnsley agree they’ll pay us a £50K “loan fee”. With four months of the season as a Barnsley player that’s effectively the same thing.

I don't think it is. Barnsley will pay a percentage of his wage (probably 100%) plus a loan fee.

I heard a manager say a few years back that loan fees are becoming far more popular now and for a cash strapped club, even getting a loan player in is proving costly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:39 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
paul4040 wrote:

I don't think it is. Barnsley will pay a percentage of his wage (probably 100%) plus a loan fee.

I heard a manager say a few years back that loan fees are becoming far more popular now and for a cash strapped club, even getting a loan player in is proving costly.

Camendite is likely right, it's rare a club pays a loan fee for a 6 month loan, it'll be his wages

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:14 pm 

paul4040 wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen a club loan so many players at once to a higher division.

... and yet none of them will really be missed. Well, possibly McC.

I do feel we've ended the window stronger than we went into it. Thats always got to be the goal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:17 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
paul4040 wrote:

Camendite is likely right, it's rare a club pays a loan fee for a 6 month loan, it'll be his wages

So does that mean every time we loan a player and it doesn't mention a loan fee, we're still footing the wage bill? That doesn't sound right.

Barnsley would have been in a bit of a late panic after losing their Hungary international midfielder to Sunderland yesterday. So I can imagine we were able to get something on top of the wages.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:31 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
paul4040 wrote:

So does that mean every time we loan a player and it doesn't mention a loan fee, we're still footing the wage bill? That doesn't sound right.

Barnsley would have been in a bit of a late panic after losing their Hungary international midfielder to Sunderland yesterday. So I can imagine we were able to get something on top of the wages.

Have you not noticed how secretive the club are, Camdenite notes this every time a new deal is signed we don't know how long - they aren't going to disclose loan fees, just because it isn't mentioned doesn't mean there isn't a wage contribution.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:42 pm 

So do we think it is now safe to assume Max Dean stays!

If so I consider this to have been an excellent window. The haters won't like it but to my mind its two strong windows in a row for Sweeting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:58 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Toby Lock has just tweeted about getting dragged in on his day off. Something could be about to happen.

Yeah, why do I have a bad feeling about this? He's included Max Dean in his predicated line up tomorrow though.

Pulling him in on his day off for a Grant loan to Barnsley would be a bit overkill.

Yeah I'm worried now.

On the flip side, it could be us delving into the free agent market. A lot of contracts cancelled by mutual consent over the last few days.

I admire the optimism but I just don't think we need any further additions. Hopefully it is just Grant/Smith out on loan.

Yeah, it's just the lateness of it that massively concerns me. If its a deal between UK clubs, then surely you can get it all done that day.

I'm worried its a case of the paperwork being submitted late last night (and within time) and then Max flying out to France today to actually sign his contract and do the photos etc.

Grant to Barnsley announced. Interestingly it includes an options to buy. Honestly thought Grant would do well under MW but he must not be fancied.

So the Irish lads go the way of the Madrid boys. Some might say BOGOF, however I say fair play to them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:58 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
paul4040 wrote:

Have you not noticed how secretive the club are, Camdenite notes this every time a new deal is signed we don't know how long - they aren't going to disclose loan fees, just because it isn't mentioned doesn't mean there isn't a wage contribution.

Yeah I get that. Thats why I found it odd for them to announce it this time: "The Club will also receive a loan fee as part of the transfer that was agreed upon last night."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:37 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
paul4040 wrote:

Yeah I get that. Thats why I found it odd for them to announce it this time: "The Club will also receive a loan fee as part of the transfer that was agreed upon last night."

A loan fee is on top of the receiving club paying a percentage (or all) of the player's wages.

It's a sum of money paid to the parent club as part of the loan, completely separate.

Barnsley have therefore paid us some money to loan Grant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next