THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:29 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Toby Lock has just tweeted about getting dragged in on his day off. Something could be about to happen.

Yeah, why do I have a bad feeling about this? He's included Max Dean in his predicated line up tomorrow though.

Pulling him in on his day off for a Grant loan to Barnsley would be a bit overkill.

Yeah I'm worried now.

On the flip side, it could be us delving into the free agent market. A lot of contracts cancelled by mutual consent over the last few days.

I admire the optimism but I just don't think we need any further additions. Hopefully it is just Grant/Smith out on loan.

Yeah, it's just the lateness of it that massively concerns me. If its a deal between UK clubs, then surely you can get it all done that day.

I'm worried its a case of the paperwork being submitted late last night (and within time) and then Max flying out to France today to actually sign his contract and do the photos etc.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:34 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Toby Lock has just tweeted about getting dragged in on his day off. Something could be about to happen.

Yeah, why do I have a bad feeling about this? He's included Max Dean in his predicated line up tomorrow though.

Pulling him in on his day off for a Grant loan to Barnsley would be a bit overkill.

Yeah I'm worried now.

On the flip side, it could be us delving into the free agent market. A lot of contracts cancelled by mutual consent over the last few days.

I admire the optimism but I just don't think we need any further additions. Hopefully it is just Grant/Smith out on loan.

Yeah, it's just the lateness of it that massively concerns me. If its a deal between UK clubs, then surely you can get it all done that day.

I'm worried its a case of the paperwork being submitted late last night (and within time) and then Max flying out to France today to actually sign his contract and do the photos etc.

Grant to Barnsley announced. Interestingly it includes an options to buy. Honestly thought Grant would do well under MW but he must not be fancied.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:36 pm 

I don't think I have ever seen a club loan so many players at once to a higher division.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:39 pm 

That is a fantastic move for him. I really rated Grant at times this season, it was just his lack of goals and consistently that let him down.

I think a number of the players that we signed last season are very good players, but we signed them at the wrong time, in a season where we were utterly dire and suffering from the disappointment of missing out on auto's the season before.

Grant, Devoy and Burns undoubtedly have talent and it's going to be interesting to see how they all get on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:49 pm 

Bizarre.

I mean there's some real talent in there, but never felt he's had perhaps the physical or mental attributes to match. If he gets that right, he would become a very tidy prospect for someone. However for now, at this stage, he's done little to suggest he's anything beyond L2 standard. We have several options now ahead of him.

Good luck to him. I really wanted it to work for him here. He's shown some really promising moments but overall he's come up short. If they get some more consistency out of him and more goals/assists, then they have a player on their hands.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:52 pm 

I'd really like the club or Toby to confirm that we are finished now. I am still living in fear of a Dean departure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:07 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
I'd really like the club or Toby to confirm that we are finished now. I am still living in fear of a Dean departure.

Transfer window is shut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:08 pm 

Unfortunately Grant was part of the reason why we went down last year, along with the rest of our summer 2022 recruitment. He just was not good enough to be a first choice player in a League One squad.

I thought he might kick on this season, being in a league lower however he still remained as ineffective as he was last year. CAM's are judged by goals and assists and I don't think he showed that at all for us. Great move for him however.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:10 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
That is a fantastic move for him. I really rated Grant at times this season, it was just his lack of goals and consistently that let him down.

I think a number of the players that we signed last season are very good players, but we signed them at the wrong time, in a season where we were utterly dire and suffering from the disappointment of missing out on auto's the season before.

Grant, Devoy and Burns undoubtedly have talent and it's going to be interesting to see how they all get on.

Great move for him for sure and for us. We usually have similar thoughts on players but Grant for me has never looked good enough from the first time I saw him at Barnet in pre season last year, and as Buckdon said he doesn't appear up to it physically or mentally.

Time will tell of course but wish him all the best. I imagine we'll be trying to flog him again in the summer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:18 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

Yeah I'm worried now.

Grant to Barnsley announced. Interestingly it includes an options to buy. Honestly thought Grant would do well under MW but he must not be fancied.

We also apparently got a loan fee.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next