THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 73  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:13 am 

Leko was notably absent from the young Dons thing as well on Sunday.

Could be illness of course.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:14 am 

Is Leko one of those players who can't or won't be arsed, or is it something else ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:31 am 

You need quite a lot of discipline to play in this MW MKD team. And as a forward the ask is to occupy the opposing centre backs by chasing them down and roughing them up a bit. I just don’t think Leko fits the bill anymore for this team. He is too inconsistent, offers little off the ball and in some games has not worked hard enough. It is frustrating as we have seen him have some great games in a Dons shirt where he looks unplayable.

I would love a fit, motivated Leko in the squad to play a Theo corbeneu role for rest of season IE that plan B of pace and direct running / dribbling when we can’t break teams down with our passing. I just dont think he has shown that he can be that reliable plan B , nor I suspect does he want to be a plan B in a mid table league 2 team only a few years after being a million pound footballer in the championship .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:14 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Council Kev wrote:
Pure guesswork, no-one has been whispering in my knob's ear, but we're going for:

Kemp to Posh, Barnsley or Stevenage.
Eisa to Cheltenham.
Leko to L.Orient.

Eisa may go overseas - there was reported interest from Belgium close to deadline day. I think Kemp will stay in L2 rather than go to L1. Just a hunch.

One more from me: O'Hora to Oxford.

I see no reason why we would let Kemp go to another League 2 club unless the fee was astronomical.

Its been discussed in the other thread but, simply, because we risk losing him for nothing in June. So we need to cash in and probably take what we can - even from a 'rival'. We aren't going to get an astronomical fee for him. So anything, even a sell-on clause, is better than nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:23 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Council Kev wrote:
Pure guesswork, no-one has been whispering in my knob's ear, but we're going for:

Kemp to Posh, Barnsley or Stevenage.
Eisa to Cheltenham.
Leko to L.Orient.

Eisa may go overseas - there was reported interest from Belgium close to deadline day. I think Kemp will stay in L2 rather than go to L1. Just a hunch.

One more from me: O'Hora to Oxford.

I see no reason why we would let Kemp go to another League 2 club unless the fee was astronomical.

Its been discussed in the other thread but, simply, because we risk losing him for nothing in June. So we need to cash in and probably take what we can - even from a 'rival'. We aren't going to get an astronomical fee for him. So anything, even a sell-on clause, is better than nothing.

6 months left on his deal won't get us more than 5 figures unless some club is extremely stupid. The only way I sell to a League 2 club is if the sell on fee is 30%+ and/or a 6 figure fee.

Kemp here for 4/5 months will be more valuable in the long run than a nominal fee and having him play at a league rival.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:40 am 

Things may change if Matt O'Reilly leaves and we get a good wedge. £28m to Newcastle last I saw.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:43 am 

Council Kev wrote:
Things may change if Matt O'Reilly leaves and we get a good wedge. £28m to Newcastle last I saw.

Remind me….whats our cut ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:23 am 

Charlie Kirk is leaving Charlton. I'd love to see him here (maybe Payne can have a word).
He might be aiming higher than us thiugh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:28 am 

AB4 wrote:
Charlie Kirk is leaving Charlton. I'd love to see him here (maybe Payne can have a word).
He might be aiming higher than us thiugh

Isn't he more of an out and out winger? If so, wouldn't really suit our style.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:04 pm 

Ronan Curtis is still without a club.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 73  Next