THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:54 am 

We can still get 54 points, and we’re only 17 points behind Rotherham in 6th, with a game in hand.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 am 

“Only”

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:47 am 

No, no..please not this...do not even waste a second more even thinking about this. We will be lucky to just avoid relegation, so please do not get any ideas otherwise. We may have a new management team, but still the same players....are you suddenly expecting things to turn around overnight ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:55 am 

I think we'll bounce and end up mid table and we should be happy with that and then focus on the objective next season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:55 am 

In all honesty, I don’t think I’d be overly upset if we got relegated, that may sound funny because I would have been pissed off to go down under RN, but I feel like we’ve got our identity back, and a season....he says hopefully......in League 2, wouldn’t be the end of the world.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:56 am 

Galverion wrote:
No, no..please not this...do not even waste a second more even thinking about this. We will be lucky to just avoid relegation, so please do not get any ideas otherwise. We may have a new management team, but still the same players....are you suddenly expecting things to turn around overnight ?

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with your point the players by and large aren’t the issue. Good squad awful manager. That’s over now.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:42 am 

Alby wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with your point the players by and large aren’t the issue. Good squad awful manager. That’s over now.

I agree that we have some good players in the squad, Aneke, Walsh, Nicholls, Williams and Gilbey are good players in their positions for League One. I think that the squad overall isn't necessarily 'good' though, we're so reliant on Aneke going forward it's ridiculous, he's basically the only creative outlet that we have and we don't have a consistent goalscorer. Whether or not Sow or Ugbo will prove to be that in the second half of the season is anyone's guess. But I think that while Neilson was the biggest issue at the club, there are definitely some pretty big problems with our squad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:50 am 

RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Alby wrote:
Galverion wrote:

I agree that we have some good players in the squad, Aneke, Walsh, Nicholls, Williams and Gilbey are good players in their positions for League One. I think that the squad overall isn't necessarily 'good' though, we're so reliant on Aneke going forward it's ridiculous, he's basically the only creative outlet that we have and we don't have a consistent goalscorer. Whether or not Sow or Ugbo will prove to be that in the second half of the season is anyone's guess. But I think that while Neilson was the biggest issue at the club, there are definitely some pretty big problems with our squad.

Neilson's problem was picking Sow over Aneke. Sow has been poor as a goal scorer (which is what he is paid the good money for).

On paper our team is top half. Nowhere near the play offs and no where near winning the league. They are just as much to blame as Neilson and I hope they buck up their ideas.

Last edited by Russybcool on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:51 am 

RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Alby wrote:
Galverion wrote:

You may well be right. But I am looking forward to seeing how some others may now step up if their confidence is boosted. Also Tavernier looked very promising at the Cobblers game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:55 am 

I am very much hoping DM can transform some of the players, but I reckon it will take time - such as a good pre-season build-up, for next season. Priority is just to stay up now, as DM said yesterday. I get why some on TCR do not mind going down to L2 and a chance to re-build totally, but relegation I am sure is the last thing PW or DM are looking at. And I fear, if we go down, it may take some time to get back up again...it is not a given we will come straight back up. So now, it is all about staying up, re-build over the summer, and kick-on for next season. Not ideal, but it is where we are - thanks to RN and his staff.