THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fair point
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:25 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:

The officials were dreadful. The highlights don’t show it but I was convinced their goal was a yard or two offside.

The linesman got it right....

how the fucking fuckty fuck has he been given that much space and to a lesser extent if they were trying to play a high line warren didn't get the memo. Palm slap in the face moment there

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:17 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:

The officials were dreadful. The highlights don’t show it but I was convinced their goal was a yard or two offside.

how the fucking fuckty fuck has he been given that much space and to a lesser extent if they were trying to play a high line warren didn't get the memo. Palm slap in the face moment there

If I remember correctly, it was entirely Norman's fault. He brought the ball out of defence and played a dreadful pass straight to their player, who duly slipped their guy in. It wasn't the only time he did that but this was the only time we were punished.

I thought Norman had his worst game in a Dons shirt last night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:22 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:

Aside from the goal which we have already cleared up as being onside, I don't think the officials had too bad a game. We've had worst at least. There was one terrible decision, where they had a player down, cleared the ball and then the ref blew up but on the restart gave the ball to them when it clearly should have been a drop ball for us.

Other than that though, there wasn't too much given wrongly. It was a rare home game missed for me but none of the penalty shouts looked like fouls on iFollow. Grant twice just fell over, as did Harrison.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:26 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:

That’s because we had just lost the ball. You can’t blame the defenders for their positioning in those circumstances. Quick use of the turnover by Grimsby.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:35 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:

That’s because we had just lost the ball. You can’t blame the defenders for their positioning in those circumstances. Quick use of the turnover by Grimsby.

Its difficult to be sure as you cant see everything on that image but you certainly can question Ohoras position. Hes got himself into no mans land in that circumstance. If Norman had pushed forward with the ball, then Ohora could and should have been either 10 yards to his right, 10 yards further forward or 10 yards deeper. Either would have afforded him an opportunity to try and close down the forward in the event of the ball being given away. Where he is affords him nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:35 pm 

Norma was poor last night. For the goal he played a weak pass over distance into an area that was being closed down, when he could have brought the ball forward into space. As has been said elsewhere, he gave up possession a LOT last night, and he played backwards a lot too. Not his best game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:14 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:

Aside from the goal which we have already cleared up as being onside, I don't think the officials had too bad a game. We've had worst at least. There was one terrible decision, where they had a player down, cleared the ball and then the ref blew up but on the restart gave the ball to them when it clearly should have been a drop ball for us.

Other than that though, there wasn't too much given wrongly. It was a rare home game missed for me but none of the penalty shouts looked like fouls on iFollow. Grant twice just fell over, as did Harrison.

It’s never a major point about officials when you didn’t do enough to win a game in the right way.

For the record, I don’t think there were any penalty shouts either. Twice Grant was out-muscled and one was from behind not shoulder to shoulder. But will never be given.

There was the drop-ball, but there were also several non-fouls given against us and one clear non-foul given against them.

I accept their goal was onside.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:17 pm 

I think by and large the officiating has been pretty good this season. Until Saturday at Salford I can't recall being ao infuriated by a decision this season.

Whatever which way, though. I'd rather a game like last night than any one with VAR.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:29 am 

Alby39 wrote:
I think by and large the officiating has been pretty good this season. Until Saturday at Salford I can't recall being ao infuriated by a decision this season.

Whatever which way, though. I'd rather a game like last night than any one with VAR.

True Dat. I was marginally in favour of VAR but turns out its still down to a persons opinion and that person may as well be the referee. Yes there will be mistakes like there always has been but VAR hasnt changed that so whats the point?!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:54 am 

I find Norman far too negative to be honest. He's always safety first, although after that pass for their goal I can see why. :lol:

In his first few games he was bombing past people to get a cross over and looked an upgrade on Watson, that must have been excitement as since the slump in results after August he's far too cautious.

He finally got the idea in the 94th minute with the pass that started the move for the Eisa chance, but I would like to see him taking on his man more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next