THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fair point
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:45 am 

We really didn't deserve a point. MacG kept us in that game in the first half as we could and should have been 3-0 down. Woeful defending. Woeful attacking. Woeful everything bar the keeper. Our goal was probably the only real 100% threat I could think of bar Eisa's at the end. You are really being generous saying a point was fair. If this has been an Alexander performance we would be lambasting a poor display. Yes we got a point. Out of luck rather that skill. Fair I don't think.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:59 am 

If it were an Alexander performance we'd have crucified them because we'd have played that way the previous game. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that.

We didn't. So we haven't.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:56 am 

Fair enough I guess. My point being if that was a point that we didn't deserve under Alexander he and they would be crucified, but to say it was a "fair point" is utter shit. We shouldn't have got a point from that. Grimsby were the much much better side. Created more. Threatened more. Harassed us as soon as we got the ball. We looked like a team who were disinterested or even worse arrogant that we could just turn up and win. Not one outfield player bar maybe Payne (but even then his dicking about in the penalty area nearly gifted them a goal). The thing is I expect better. Not to win every game that is stupid to think that is possible, but they have proven they can perform even if they don't win. Yesterday was a shadow of what we can be. As I say the point was lucky but not fair

Last edited by Russybcool on Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:27 am 

I agree it was fortunate, not "lucky" per se, and I think we earned it with a well worked goal but it wasn't good. Grimsby played great first half, second half less so but still created the better chances - and defended with a 4, 5 and a 6 so seamlessly. The 42 and 29 dropped in effortlessly. They played very well.
I am less upset about it because it felt like an off day less s o than another crap performance

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:28 am 

I think it's probably best to chalk it up to one of those games you get something out of that you don't really deserve and take it as a positive. It's certainly better than playing well and losing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:58 am 

Russybcool wrote:
We really didn't deserve a point. MacG kept us in that game in the first half as we could and should have been 3-0 down. Woeful defending. Woeful attacking. Woeful everything bar the keeper. Our goal was probably the only real 100% threat I could think of bar Eisa's at the end. You are really being generous saying a point was fair. If this has been an Alexander performance we would be lambasting a poor display. Yes we got a point. Out of luck rather that skill. Fair I don't think.

But their finishing was poor, and their one goal was probably offside. They defended well and dominated the midfield. If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be saying we weren't good enough, didn't deserve to win and were lucky to get a point with the potential offside.

We can be overly critical of ourselves sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:27 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

But their finishing was poor, and their one goal was probably offside. They defended well and dominated the midfield. If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be saying we weren't good enough, didn't deserve to win and were lucky to get a point with the potential offside.

I really don't think their goal was offside.

https://twitter.com/cornerdon26/status/ ... 69412?s=19

You can only see the foot of our player, but he looks on to me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:42 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

It probably was offside, but wasn't given so we can feel hard done by all we want. It wasn't flagged. You create your own luck. We created very little for a home side as well. I know its five unbeaten but our next game is away to Mansfield in the league. Not going to be easy in the slightest. Play like yesterday we will be pulled apart like warm bread.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:52 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

It probably was offside, but wasn't given so we can feel hard done by all we want. It wasn't flagged. You create your own luck. We created very little for a home side as well. I know its five unbeaten but our next game is away to Mansfield in the league. Not going to be easy in the slightest. Play like yesterday we will be pulled apart like warm bread.

I'm stealing that for the Meltdown. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:03 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:

The officials were dreadful. The highlights don’t show it but I was convinced their goal was a yard or two offside.

The linesman got it right....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next