THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Who leaves in Jan?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:36 am 

Still over a month to go so some things will change, but given the size of the squad and MW wanting to bring in his own players, I think we'll see a bigger turnover than usual.

My thoughts:

Sold/Mutual termination:
Eisa (High wages and warming the bench)
Leko (High wages and warming the bench)
Dennis (Not good enough)

Loaned out:
Burns
Scholtz
Anker

End of contract:
Kelly (Assuming Harness is back)

On loan:
Payne (potentially recalled but unlikely)
Stewart (We may terminate)

Post subject: Re: Who leaves in Jan?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:44 am 

If Eisa’s in his last six months of his deal, then it would make sense to sell if we need another option in attack, but I really can’t see anyone top end in L2 or bottom end L1 willing to match his wages with us. Therefore he’s within his rights to stay with us and run his contract down. Possible scenario is a loan with us topping up the balance in wages.

Ditto Leko, but I have a feeling he has another year to run after this, and so I think we’ll keep hold for now.

There really needs to be lots of loans out. Both of senior pros (Dennis, Devoy or Robson (but not both) and Burns)) and all the kids need loans (Scholtz, Anker and Tripp). The squad is far too big right now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:07 pm 

Losing Leko, Eisa and Dennis, would leave us short up front. So a no from me, unless we get anyone new in. In respect of the loans, if we are out of the EFL Trophy yes. I also think the club ought to consider Icelandic League loans again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:27 pm 

I think Eisa will leave and we might try sign Gatesheads centre forward.

Personally I’d keep Leko. He can be frustrating but also at times unplayable. A decent option to have off the bench imo.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:36 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Losing Leko, Eisa and Dennis, would leave us short up front. So a no from me, unless we get anyone new in. In respect of the loans, if we are out of the EFL Trophy yes. I also think the club ought to consider Icelandic League loans again.

Yeah we need at least 1 striker replaced for sure. I think we’ll use the loan market more under MW. Would be very surprised if we didn’t have a one from Southampton.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:39 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
There really needs to be lots of loans out. Both of senior pros (Dennis, Devoy or Robson (but not both) and Burns)) and all the kids need loans (Scholtz, Anker and Tripp). The squad is far too big right now.

I don’t think Devoy will go out on loan. He’s proven to be capable and is an important squad player. I also can’t see Robson leaving and I hope he doesn’t either. He’s only not playing due to injury. Thought he was brilliant in the games he has played under MW.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:40 pm 

No recall clause in Payne deal- He is here for the season

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:44 pm 

Zen wrote:
No recall clause in Payne deal- He is here for the season

Really? Great news if so

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:54 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

I don’t think Devoy will go out on loan. He’s proven to be capable and is an important squad player. I also can’t see Robson leaving and I hope he doesn’t either. He’s only not playing due to injury. Thought he was brilliant in the games he has played under MW.

This.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:23 pm 

Why would anyone pay money for someone who would be free in six months? Nobody was interested in eisa six months ago when his stock was higher or if they were we were too dumb to cash in then. If we do sell him in Jan how much do you think we would get for him. Less than half of what we paid for him. Yes it's a wage off the books but be realistic that's the only positive.

Do we really need an overhaul again? I am sorry but the players are doing much much better since Alexander left (funny that). Yes there will be some who leave and some who come in but I really doubt we will see loads come in. We don't need to. Believe it or not the only place I think we are struggling in is defence but we are too overloaded with defenders so some would have to go to make way for anyone new