THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Who leaves in Jan?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:13 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
I think Eisa will leave and we might try sign Gatesheads centre forward.

Personally I’d keep Leko. He can be frustrating but also at times unplayable. A decent option to have off the bench imo.

Agree 100%

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:01 pm 

Yes defo no recall clause in Payne deal.

I think Eisa and Smith will both leave, and we loan out burns, Dennis if we have any takers.

If max dean keeps scoring we will get bids from league 1 and maybe higher .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:49 pm 

Zen wrote:
Yes defo no recall clause in Payne deal.

I think Eisa and Smith will both leave, and we loan out burns, Dennis if we have any takers.

If max dean keeps scoring we will get bids from league 1 and maybe higher .

Yes well they can f- off!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:41 am 

Camdenite wrote:
If Eisa’s in his last six months of his deal, then it would make sense to sell if we need another option in attack, but I really can’t see anyone top end in L2 or bottom end L1 willing to match his wages with us. Therefore he’s within his rights to stay with us and run his contract down. Possible scenario is a loan with us topping up the balance in wages.

Ditto Leko, but I have a feeling he has another year to run after this, and so I think we’ll keep hold for now.

There really needs to be lots of loans out. Both of senior pros (Dennis, Devoy or Robson (but not both) and Burns)) and all the kids need loans (Scholtz, Anker and Tripp). The squad is far too big right now.

Pretty much most of this but I reckon there could well be a bottom end of L1 club who might throw a hail mary with Eisa. Yes he would be free in 6 months but there is always a club prepared to take a gamble in January to try and stay up.

I think Leko will go out on loan if we keep Mo. MW doesnt seem to rate him or trust him a great deal and he needs to play, I dont think hes a 'supersub' sort of character.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:23 pm 

Magpie wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
If Eisa’s in his last six months of his deal, then it would make sense to sell if we need another option in attack, but I really can’t see anyone top end in L2 or bottom end L1 willing to match his wages with us. Therefore he’s within his rights to stay with us and run his contract down. Possible scenario is a loan with us topping up the balance in wages.

Ditto Leko, but I have a feeling he has another year to run after this, and so I think we’ll keep hold for now.

There really needs to be lots of loans out. Both of senior pros (Dennis, Devoy or Robson (but not both) and Burns)) and all the kids need loans (Scholtz, Anker and Tripp). The squad is far too big right now.

Pretty much most of this but I reckon there could well be a bottom end of L1 club who might throw a hail mary with Eisa. Yes he would be free in 6 months but there is always a club prepared to take a gamble in January to try and stay up.

I think Leko will go out on loan if we keep Mo. MW doesnt seem to rate him or trust him a great deal and he needs to play, I dont think hes a 'supersub' sort of character.

Bolton were very keen on Eisa. That interest may have dropped given they are top of L1 but he could be a decent reserve to Dion Charles (or replacement).
Makes sense for some clubs to just wait 6 months though. It may also make more sense for Mo as he could get a slightly higher salary with the club not having to sign him.