THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:56 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Quote:
Why would Red Bull want MK?

Well, a stones throw from the HQ of its F1 team, narratively itself that sells a product as a whole.
A big stadium with plenty to do in terms of uplift, the shell of the stadium is there but change the seats to blue, tallow and red and its an RB product just by a stadium's design.
No worries of building one or planning permission bollocks.
A white kit, which already avoids the Salzburg problem of violet to white and red.
A team with comparatively little tradition to mess with.
A fanbase young enough to accept change and embrace without fuss.
A club name that is already unpopular in football, MK:RB would be welcomed by some and laughed at in equal measure by those that detest the Dons title.
A club that prides itself on young talent, the RB model also doing so.
The biggest one - being in the English Pyramid System. The higher divisions being an investment dream if things go well... thus making the merry-go-round of the model another platform for development in a strong group of divisions.
A team already hated so no worry about rocking the boat.

But apart from all that why would they possibly want to buy us? ;)

The roads?

Oh The Roads go without saying.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:04 pm 

RedBull has said themselves that the only club it would make sense buying in England is us. Mainly because fans of other clubs are less likely to accept a mass overhaul of the name, colours, badge, etc.
We would probably roll with it given we've been through it once before.

Not sure if the interest is still there after their old owner died since the apparent agreement took place

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:11 pm 

AB4 wrote:
RedBull has said themselves that the only club it would make sense buying in England is us. Mainly because fans of other clubs are less likely to accept a mass overhaul of the name, colours, badge, etc.
We would probably roll with it given we've been through it once before.

Not sure if the interest is still there after their old owner died since the apparent agreement took place

Was that like due to a modern day Curse Of Tutankhamen?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:23 pm 

Magpie wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Well, a stones throw from the HQ of its F1 team, narratively itself that sells a product as a whole.
A big stadium with plenty to do in terms of uplift, the shell of the stadium is there but change the seats to blue, tallow and red and its an RB product just by a stadium's design.
A white kit, which already avoids the Salzburg problem of violet to white and red.
A club name that is already unpopular in football, MK:RB would be welcomed by some and laughed at in equal measure by those that detest the Dons title.
The biggest one - being in the English Pyramid System. The higher divisions being an investment dream if things go well... thus making the merry-go-round of the model another platform for development in a strong group of divisions.

There's many reasons why we are ideal. Doesn't mean it should happen.

I don't think it ever will but I certainly feel whoever comes next will make big changes, some of which Winkelbot won't be able to control once the keys are handed over... which is what he's very fearful of if we're to believe him.

Come on Alby, are you seriously suggesting that because the F1 team are down the road, we play in white, have no history to speak of and we have young players (largely because we cant afford established ones) would be compelling reasons for Redbull to buy the club and the nonsense that surrounds it?

Christ, if we are that attractive to them, why arent they even a minor sponsor?

If those are your criteria, then why arent Santander chomping at the bit to buy the club, a lot of the criteria are exactly the same?

If getting in the english pyramid is so important, then I suggest there are much better options than us. Manchester Utd for one along with any other number of clubs who would happily take the coin.

Im not seeing it at all and think its just more Winkelman bullshit, designed primarily to baffle brains

It's a Hell of a lot easier taking over a club with 20 years of history in the bottom two divisions of EFL football which would be easier, in fact, the easiest club in the entire country to rebrand than Manchester United.

What you, and some others down the ywars don't seem to understand is that Red Bull don't want to "own" a football club. They want to "be" THE football club.
I'll humour the point about MUFC, Red Bull wouldn't own Manchester United, because that's what they'd be. Manchester United. They'd 1. Not be welcomed. 2. Not be able to rebrand the club with name, logo, sponsor and logo, thus making the general idea of what they do pretty pointless.

The reasons I listed aren't ridiculous. They rebranded MetroStars into New York Red Bulls. They rebranded SV Austria Salzburg to Red Bull Salzburg. They rebranded SSV Markranstädt and became RB Leipzig... They rebranded Atlético Bragantino to turn them into Red Bull Bragantino.

All these teams had their name, colours, logo, and general identity completely revamped. Most, were unappealing lower league obscure football clubs that'd create little fuss to take over with the exception of Salzburg.
In our pyramid with our traditions in English football, as seen with the Wimbledon move, changes like this are not welcome.
If Swindon Town (who I believe were once mooted for a RB takeover though it may have just been a Twitter fib) were taken over to become Red Bull Swindon, it'd create a LOT more of a meltdown than MK Dons would. Let alone the biggest club in the country if not the World. Red Bull Manchester. Eww.

RB clubs also have a system, and like them or loath them it works. Young talents transferred between the likes of New York, Salzburg and Leipzig to progress careers - youth development and stylish football under promising and highly rated coaches has been a real success story for Red Bull's football landscape.

Why wouldn't a side, with 20 years of almost always 3rd and 4th tier football on a failed "promise" of growing toward top level divisions who have a history of producing young local talent and selling them on, who play in white and red, have a 30k seater multi purpose stadium easy to redevelop, already loathed in its league system like every other of their outfits worldwide, who are also on the doorstep of one of the most successful and biggest motorsport teams be of interest of a takeover?

MK Dons make more sense than anyone. The fanbase by and large would accept it, and the club would continue to be hated but under a different guise. The fans wouldn't accept it if it were Watford or Leyton Orient.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:47 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Magpie wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

There's many reasons why we are ideal. Doesn't mean it should happen.

I don't think it ever will but I certainly feel whoever comes next will make big changes, some of which Winkelbot won't be able to control once the keys are handed over... which is what he's very fearful of if we're to believe him.

Come on Alby, are you seriously suggesting that because the F1 team are down the road, we play in white, have no history to speak of and we have young players (largely because we cant afford established ones) would be compelling reasons for Redbull to buy the club and the nonsense that surrounds it?

Christ, if we are that attractive to them, why arent they even a minor sponsor?

If those are your criteria, then why arent Santander chomping at the bit to buy the club, a lot of the criteria are exactly the same?

If getting in the english pyramid is so important, then I suggest there are much better options than us. Manchester Utd for one along with any other number of clubs who would happily take the coin.

Im not seeing it at all and think its just more Winkelman bullshit, designed primarily to baffle brains

It's a Hell of a lot easier taking over a club with 20 years of history in the bottom two divisions of EFL football which would be easier, in fact, the easiest club in the entire country to rebrand than Manchester United.

What you, and some others down the ywars don't seem to understand is that Red Bull don't want to "own" a football club. They want to "be" THE football club.
I'll humour the point about MUFC, Red Bull wouldn't own Manchester United, because that's what they'd be. Manchester United. They'd 1. Not be welcomed. 2. Not be able to rebrand the club with name, logo, sponsor and logo, thus making the general idea of what they do pretty pointless.

The reasons I listed aren't ridiculous. They rebranded MetroStars into New York Red Bulls. They rebranded SV Austria Salzburg to Red Bull Salzburg. They rebranded SSV Markranstädt and became RB Leipzig... They rebranded Atlético Bragantino to turn them into Red Bull Bragantino.

All these teams had their name, colours, logo, and general identity completely revamped. Most, were unappealing lower league obscure football clubs that'd create little fuss to take over with the exception of Salzburg.
In our pyramid with our traditions in English football, as seen with the Wimbledon move, changes like this are not welcome.
If Swindon Town (who I believe were once mooted for a RB takeover though it may have just been a Twitter fib) were taken over to become Red Bull Swindon, it'd create a LOT more of a meltdown than MK Dons would. Let alone the biggest club in the country if not the World. Red Bull Manchester. Eww.

RB clubs also have a system, and like them or loath them it works. Young talents transferred between the likes of New York, Salzburg and Leipzig to progress careers - youth development and stylish football under promising and highly rated coaches has been a real success story for Red Bull's football landscape.

Why wouldn't a side, with 20 years of almost always 3rd and 4th tier football on a failed "promise" of growing toward top level divisions who have a history of producing young local talent and selling them on, who play in white and red, have a 30k seater multi purpose stadium easy to redevelop, already loathed in its league system like every other of their outfits worldwide, who are also on the doorstep of one of the most successful and biggest motorsport teams be of interest of a takeover?

MK Dons make more sense than anyone. The fanbase by and large would accept it, and the club would continue to be hated but under a different guise. The fans wouldn't accept it if it were Watford or Leyton Orient.

I cant agree with any of these things except perhaps the name change of more historical clubs, that is a fair point.

The other things you mention fall into the predication you used to have for things being 'Cringe' a few years back. the closest analogy I can think of is Sports Directs take over at Newcastle. They couldnt change the name for sure but pretty much everything else was sports directified. Do you think Mike Ashley gave a toss about fans accepting it? do you think Redbull would give a toss either?

For organisations of that scale and reach, its a business decision no more no less. it either makes commercial sense or it doesnt. Seeing as we arent currently owned by them or that anyone else has spotted the 'opportunity' I can only assume it doesnt make commercial sense at all.

I have no idea what it would cost to purchase everything required to own MK Dons Group of companies but if its a football team you are after, you would have to spend an enormous amount of money to acquire a £5m turnover company, that owes somewhere in the region of £17M, has a fanbase of sub 5000 and loses in excess of £2m per year, the majority of years it operates.

If you want a property deal, it likely makes more sense. if you want a football club, none whatsoever.

I have always believed, well more probably hoped, the Pete had structured it to make the club sellable as an entity should the opportunity arise. Im increasingly starting to think that hes hasnt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:04 am 

Why don't you think that Red Bull changing the entire identity of a football club wold be troublesome to say the least? You literally support a club built on the foundations of trouble and see every week how accepted it is...
The FA wouldn't allow Manchester United to rebrand. The FA wouldn't allow pretty much anyone else either, because of the backlash, the fudging and literally MK Donsing a side without relocating them. There's probably multiple a reason why Newcastle weren't called Sports Direct Geordies, I'm sure Ashley would've done that if he could, more than anything to be spiteful.

I don't get how everything that Red Bull do, that I listed, doesn't line up with why we're the easiest acquisition in the EFL for a multitude of reasons?
If Red Bull could've taken over a Premier League football team and rebranded them, name change, colours, logo, stadium, history etc etc etc I'd bet you my house it'd have been done by now.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:04 am 

Mike Ashley’s rebrand went so well he got hounded out and it all reverted back almost instantly afterwards… and even then it was mainly just the stadium, let alone complete identity rebrands and shirt sponsors etc.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:14 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Why don't you think that Red Bull changing the entire identity of a football club wold be troublesome to say the least? You literally support a club built on the foundations of trouble and see every week how accepted it is...
The FA wouldn't allow Manchester United to rebrand. The FA wouldn't allow pretty much anyone else either, because of the backlash, the fudging and literally MK Donsing a side without relocating them. There's probably multiple a reason why Newcastle weren't called Sports Direct Geordies, I'm sure Ashley would've done that if he could, more than anything to be spiteful.

I don't get how everything that Red Bull do, that I listed, doesn't line up with why we're the easiest acquisition in the EFL for a multitude of reasons?
If Red Bull could've taken over a Premier League football team and rebranded them, name change, colours, logo, stadium, history etc etc etc I'd bet you my house it'd have been done by now.

If Redbull could have taken over a League 1/2 team and rebranded them, name change, colours, logo, stadium, history etc etc etc I'd bet you my house it'd have been done by now.

But is hasnt. I understand all your sentiments but what you dont seem to be able to grasp is the emotional connection you, I or anyone else feels means absolutely nothing, not so much as an atom of concern for the likes of Redbull. Its a business transaction designed to either make them money directly or make them money by revenues created in other areas of their portfolio as a direct result of the investment.

Thats it. there is nothing else.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:16 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Mike Ashley’s rebrand went so well he got hounded out and it all reverted back almost instantly afterwards… and even then it was mainly just the stadium, let alone complete identity rebrands and shirt sponsors etc.

Mike Ashley owned Newcastle for 14 years. Hardly fly by night and was unpopular from the off. But it happened anyway. Commercially there is a strong argument that he was very good for Newcastle and no doubt they for him. Emotionally much less so but emotions dont generate profit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:26 am 

Magpie wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Mike Ashley owned Newcastle for 14 years. Hardly fly by night and was unpopular from the off. But it happened anyway. Commercially there is a strong argument that he was very good for Newcastle and no doubt they for him. Emotionally much less so but emotions dont generate profit.

It happened, but it was relatively gradual and miniscule compared to a Red Bull transition and even then it was hated and protested and reverted instantly after the fact.

Red Bull coming in and doing what they do with globally established teams is a ridiculous notion and even if it were allowed, you can bet the protests and campaigns against it would be ferocious. That wouldn't happen here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next