THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: WINKLEBOT KLAXON!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:55 pm 

I'm not really debating (here) whether Pete's a nice guy or if he's good at his job. I'm just pointing out that it's his club and he's entitled to run it the way he feels best.

I accept your point about fan pressure. I'm sure it plays a part, although I really dislike it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:59 pm 
dons50 wrote:
I'm not really debating (here) whether Pete's a nice guy or if he's good at his job. I'm just pointing out that it's his club and he's entitled to run it the way he feels best.

I accept your point about fan pressure. I'm sure it plays a part, although I really dislike it.

I do to some degree. I think what Pete is doing with being a bit more transparent and giving interviews like this do a lot to keep supporters on side. He is clearly a deep thinker who doesn't like to disappoint anyone, and I think that played a part in his reluctance to part ways with Neilson. Sometimes a character like him just needs that bit of a push (like supporter pressure on Saturday) to make a difficult decision.

But yes, sometimes things go too far and he should be making the right decisions himself without unnecessary interference.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:06 pm 

This is all very well, but what has Pete ever done for us?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:57 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:

The aqueduct?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:08 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:

The aqueduct?

Well obviously the aqueduct.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:26 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:

The aqueduct?

Roads?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:42 pm 

People stupid enough to put pressure on pete to sell up dont belong in the mk dons community. Youve gotta be an absolute whopper to call for pete to sell up. Maybe go to coventry for a season, then blackpool for a bit, stop off at leeds, head to newcastle, cross the border to rangers and then come back and tell our special community that pete would be better replaced.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:50 pm 
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
People stupid enough to put pressure on pete to sell up dont belong in the mk dons community. Youve gotta be an absolute whopper to call for pete to sell up. Maybe go to coventry for a season, then blackpool for a bit, stop off at leeds, head to newcastle, cross the border to rangers and then come back and tell our special community that pete would be better replaced.

I never suggested he sell up or leave, just step aside whilst remaining on the board and allow someone else with experience to take over the major decision making. But even I'm not at that point yet, just saying if this appointment doesn't work out and we find ourselves at the bottom of League 2 this time next year. I won't be bringing it up again until then!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:56 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

I never suggested he sell up or leave, just step aside whilst remaining on the board and allow someone else with experience to take over the major decision making. But even I'm not at that point yet, just saying if this appointment doesn't work out and we find ourselves at the bottom of League 2 this time next year. I won't be bringing it up again until then!

Like who?

Who would be a top Chairman to attract? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:57 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Sorry I thought it was implied he sell a major share so someone else is in charge not that he hires a football operations manager or director of football or something. Thetes plenty asking he sells up for investment purposes though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next