THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:53 pm 

midland don wrote:
Sensible decision to take now. Eisa missing so Dean would be the only striker available. Smith missing, with Tucker out injured, Stewart possibly still short of fitness, and the possibility of Harvie being suspended if he gets booked this weekend, we could be incredibly short in defence, and remember that Lewie is also only just back from injury. Gilbey also one yellow away from suspension.....

Plus, I couldn't make it on the Saturday anyway. There's a chance I may be able to get to the rearranged fixture :mrgreen:

Think you've summed it up perfectly. Its a great decision in my opinion. Yes a bit of a kick in the teeth, as it will probably be rescheduled for a Tuesday night, but we could be potentially wafter thin had the game gone ahead as planned.

Why anyone would think we have bottled it is beyond me. Almost WUM territory.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:13 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
Almost WUM territory.

Surely not. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:51 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
Almost WUM territory.

Surely not. 8-)

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:54 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Can't see any reason why we can't move it to Tuesday 12th December? That must be a likely date, surely?

email I've just had telling me my shift is cancelled for tomorrow says most likely rearranged in January.

ShiFt. Aha. I misread that. For a moment I thought all the wonderful advantages of Brexit ;) in terms of ''labour market flexibility' i.e what you can and can't do at work had gone a bit too far.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:37 am 

Just looking at the fixtures on the BBC website for the weekend and it says AFCW are now playing Wycombe away on Saturday lunchtime in the EFL Trophy. Is that right?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:43 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Just looking at the fixtures on the BBC website for the weekend and it says AFCW are now playing Wycombe away on Saturday lunchtime in the EFL Trophy. Is that right?

Yes. Smart move to do that. I’ve always moaned that we never seem to take advantage of opportunities to re-schedule fixtures when they occur. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there’s a team out of the FA Cup that we are set to face on a Tuesday night that we could feasibly re-arrange with for that 2nd round Saturday in December. Has anyone at the club even considered it though?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:49 am 

Camdenite wrote:

Yes. Smart move to do that. I’ve always moaned that we never seem to take advantage of opportunities to re-schedule fixtures when they occur. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there’s a team out of the FA Cup that we are set to face on a Tuesday night that we could feasibly re-arrange with for that 2nd round Saturday in December. Has anyone at the club even considered it though?

Is there something in the EFL Trophy rules that mean you can get a league game called off for international call-ups, but reschedule a Trophy game on the same day? I mean, you've either got a squad available or you haven't. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:34 am 

We played a behind closed doors game last night v Southampton ( away ) , hopefully trying out a few more things in a ‘ safe’ environment . Doing stuff like this is good for us and will hopefully keep us sharp in this down period.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:13 am 

Any idea who played and if we won?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:09 pm 

No idea but I believe the whole first team squad went down there bar the injured ones and the 3 internationals.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next