THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:18 pm 

Rumoured to be announced as the Bradford manager tomorrow. Surprised he’d want to jump back into football so quickly after the way he looked after his last game. Bloke was on a verge of a breakdown. A terrible manager for us, I don’t see how he suits Bradford at all - good luck bantam fans…

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:43 pm 

Wouldn't it be just like football for him to go there and get them promoted.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:13 pm 

They'll definitely beat us at Valley Parade.

He'd had a long time out before coming here. I think it definitely makes sense he wants to work again and forget this ever happened. Good luck Bradford fans, you're gonna need it.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:30 pm 

The thing is, it wasn't just a bad spell here. Motherwell fans hated his football as much as we did and Salford fans couldn't stand it either.

Maybe he'll do well at Bradford but one thing you can guarantee, is a terrible style of play. Expect them to see 30% possession at home to the likes of Harrogate and Barrow.

He's a dinosaur playing pre-historic football.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:21 am 

We saw Salford fans' warnings to Motherwell fans. Motherwell fans' warnings to us. Now Bradford will see our warnings, and so on and so forth.

It cannot be understated how utterly tripe that was to watch.

Lovely bloke, though.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:31 am 

I don’t see the lovely bloke stuff at all. He came across as being thoroughly miserable and didn’t look like he wanted to be here. He spent most of his time on the touchline turning back to Chris lucketti and moaning.
I don’t see why he persists in playing the football he did with us. Fans don’t like it and it is becoming less and less successful. Bradford are a good club with a big fan base and don’t deserve mindless unsuccessful hoofing that he will bring.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:24 am 

Alby39 wrote:
We saw Salford fans' warnings to Motherwell fans. Motherwell fans' warnings to us. Now Bradford will see our warnings, and so on and so forth.

Lovely bloke, though.

Why would we waste our time warning a set of fans about how shit a manager he is? Let them learn the hard way. What do we owe them? Let's worry about our own house which still isn't perfect before we start bothering with other peoples. They are not dumb. They will know he got sacked from us within 13 games. I think after nearly two months without a manager they probably don't care as much.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:19 am 

Zen wrote:
I don’t see the lovely bloke stuff at all. He came across as being thoroughly miserable and didn’t look like he wanted to be here. He spent most of his time on the touchline turning back to Chris lucketti and moaning.
I don’t see why he persists in playing the football he did with us. Fans don’t like it and it is becoming less and less successful. Bradford are a good club with a big fan base and don’t deserve mindless unsuccessful hoofing that he will bring.

Maybe Bradford have a set of players who are more suited to his (lack of) style ; whereas ours certainly weren’t.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:23 am 

Zen wrote:

Bradford didn’t like Hughes because he tried to play Premier League tactics with a L2 team. He might be a better fit than some might realise.

However they’ll definitely beat us with him in charge, that’s just how football is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:32 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Lovely bloke, though.

Why would we waste our time warning a set of fans about how shit a manager he is? Let them learn the hard way. What do we owe them? Let's worry about our own house which still isn't perfect before we start bothering with other peoples. They are not dumb. They will know he got sacked from us within 13 games. I think after nearly two months without a manager they probably don't care as much.

It’s very easy to have a comment from a Bradford fan pop up on various timelines and to write a semi quick response. The Motherwell fan on this forum is the exception to the rule.

It’s not about owing anybody anything, it’s about standard conversation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next