THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Training today
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:48 pm 

Some excellent photos of DM's first training session, on the club website.

Great to see Lewie back, and also a good photo of DM laughing...not sure I saw that from RN too often....

Wonder what Scots players like Muirhead and Nesbitt think of it all, given they were RN signings ? Must be a bit weird....moving down to MK and the man who signed you has returned to Scotland....

Post subject: Re: Training today
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:51 pm 
Whatever their reaction, they need to man up and get to grips with someone that isn't (shock, horror), Scottish.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:10 pm 

This thread just reminded me that DM said a couple of Academy lads would be training with the first team for the first time today.

That prompted me to go and have a look at the gallery on the OS.

Looks like Sorinola and Sole to me?

Sorinola’s a left back and Sole, from what I’ve seen, has played wide or behind Asonganyi.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:13 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
This thread just reminded me that DM said a couple of Academy lads would be training with the first team for the first time today.

Sorinola’s a left back and Sole, from what I’ve seen, has played wide or behind Asonganyi.

No Hope?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:16 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Whatever their reaction, they need to man up and get to grips with someone that isn't (shock, horror), Scottish.

They will be OK. He just has to give them a few deep fat fried mars bars & Irn-Bru to keep them happy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:27 pm 

Camdenite wrote:

It reminded me how much we need a professional set of pitches to train on.

Fields looked terribly cut up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:51 pm 
Camdenite wrote:

Yeah the small lad with the big hair is Sorinola. Think he joined us after he was released from Fulham's academy.

Good to see from Day 1 a new manager letting a few academy lads get involved with the first team. I'm sure Neilson did that, but not so quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:42 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Some excellent photos of DM's first training session, on the club website.

Great to see Lewie back, and also a good photo of DM laughing...not sure I saw that from RN too often....

Wonder what Scots players like Muirhead and Nesbitt think of it all, given they were RN signings ? Must be a bit weird....moving down to MK and the man who signed you has returned to Scotland....

The same thought crossed my mind, however, they're going to have to get used to the fact that managers being sacked is part and parcel of football. They're bound to have an experience at some point in their career, where the manager who signed them ended up getting the boot; they might as well have it early on in their careers. They'll just have to work hard to get their way into the team. But seeing as DM worked with youth academies, I really hope that the younger players in the squad will be getting a chance, which means that it isn't all doom and gloom for the likes of Nesbitt and Muirhead, although I think that the latter is shit and will leave at the end of the season, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:06 pm 

In the picture where he appears to be giving a 'what do you mean who am I?' look to the youngster he looks a bit like Mr Tumnus from TLTWATW. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm 

No sign of John Hill in any of the pictures, Interesting that he may have gone with RN already.