THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: AFC Tickets
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:49 pm 

I saw that Don's Action are trying to get Block 11 sold out for this and rightly so. Out of interest, I went to look at tickets and noticed that you can only buy a ticket if you've previously purchased a ticket from the club.

I get this is due to their concern about AFC fans getting into the home end but seems completely unrealistic to me. It's not like they're going to sell out their away allocation.

If you're a neutral, someone with minor MK Dons interest or someone new to the area, this is one of our most appealing games of the season bar Wrexham for them. However, based on the rule, they wouldn't be able to get a ticket. Considering attendances of late, this seem really counter-intuitive.

Post subject: Re: AFC Tickets
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:25 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
I saw that Don's Action are trying to get Block 11 sold out for this and rightly so. Out of interest, I went to look at tickets and noticed that you can only buy a ticket if you've previously purchased a ticket from the club.

I get this is due to their concern about AFC fans getting into the home end but seems completely unrealistic to me. It's not like they're going to sell out their away allocation.

If you're a neutral, someone with minor MK Dons interest or someone new to the area, this is one of our most appealing games of the season bar Wrexham for them. However, based on the rule, they wouldn't be able to get a ticket. Considering attendances of late, this seem really counter-intuitive.

I didn't think they agreed with giving MK money so boycotted the game on the whole ?I'm down to work it and they want us in for 9am!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:20 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

I didn't think they agreed with giving MK money so boycotted the game on the whole ?I'm down to work it and they want us in for 9am!!

In 2012, 3200 of them "boycotted" us. A nice bit of cash for Winkie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:27 pm 

We’ve contacted the MKDSA about this so hopefully, between us, we can put something to the club as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:59 pm 

This would also block Dons fans who have only bought their tickets from the cash-only window beside gate 5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:25 pm 

Yeah, I gotta be honest I think even AFC fans are past it by now. Anyone who has been before knows what a crap away day it is at the best of times. 12:30 k.o adds to its poor appeal, let alone sitting inside the home end trying to cause aggro with a police presence.

I'd get it I'd there was more of a tense edge, such as a playoff game of a cup tie even - but at not this one. The last time they came here for an early kick off, the sky sports game, I mean it when I say I didn't see one single AFC fan outside the ground before or after the game. I arrived 20 mins before kick off, walked from ASDA to gate 5, and of course we were held inside our own gaffe for 15 mins so by the time we got let out they'd all gone :lol:

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:47 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Yeah, I gotta be honest I think even AFC fans are past it by now. Anyone who has been before knows what a crap away day it is at the best of times. 12:30 k.o adds to its poor appeal, let alone sitting inside the home end trying to cause aggro with a police presence.

I'd get it I'd there was more of a tense edge, such as a playoff game of a cup tie even - but at not this one. The last time they came here for an early kick off, the sky sports game, I mean it when I say I didn't see one single AFC fan outside the ground before or after the game. I arrived 20 mins before kick off, walked from ASDA to gate 5, and of course we were held inside our own gaffe for 15 mins so by the time we got let out they'd all gone :lol:

Yup, even the fact its been moved to a mid-day kick off is ridiculous. Treating the game like its Fenerbahçe vs Galatasaray, when in reality not many people give that much of a damn anymore, on either side.

I still think it's one of the more appealing games of the season (up until the end if we're challenging for promotion) but that's not saying much given the teams in the league and lack of exciting fixtures.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:48 pm 

Alby39 wrote:

I think you are overlooking the appeal of doing daring things like putting a sticker on a seat saying 'we are the real Wimbledon'....and also committing criminal damage to the toilets - 'yeah! smash them! Oh wait, tell me what a toilet is again' - which their club ends up getting billed for.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:59 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:

Thinking of bringing my kids to their first AFC encounter

Always worried a bit before

How likely is trouble?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:37 pm 

AFC ;) ;) ;)
AFC ;) ;) ;)
AFC ;) WANK ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next