THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: AFC Tickets
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:20 pm 

Every time they've come here since the first meeting, it's all been a bit on the silly side of trouble, more than the actual terrifying side of trouble. There have been isolated incidents but almost every game other than that it's been hilarious.

I've seen AFC fans at TGI's because they didn't want to put money into the club by buying a pint inside the ground (Sat at the bar the time we drew 0-0 in Neilsons penultimate game.), a nice bloke ask me how to get to the away end, I've seen a AFC coat standing outside McDonalds having what looked like a friendly chat with a few of ours.... any of the squabbles, and I've had one or two myself were all for the daftest stuff... it is really at the point of silly more than "terrifying" (I use that so sarcastically I can barely bring myself to type it) now.

Honestly, I think there is more animosity when we play Cobblers at home than them lot. Last time they were here (for a proper game, not that PSF or lockdown bollocks) it was way more edgy than all of the AFC home games since 2012.

Away game, totally different. But well policed and handled last time we played them... speaking of police, the TVP are fucking useless when it comes to this fixture. Which dates all the way back to that 2012 game when Jimmy was so delusional to say he didn't understand why anyone thinks there will be trouble.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:28 am 

Aliramone wrote:
Quote:
And let's be honest here: very few people in Milton Keynes who aren't already going regularly give a flying fuck about MK Dons.

Or are there any birds that actually behave in that manner?

I'd like to see Albatrosses try that .....David Attenburgh would have a field day

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:43 am 

Aliramone wrote:
Quote:
And let's be honest here: very few people in Milton Keynes who aren't already going regularly give a flying fuck about MK Dons.

Just as an academic point and because I'm rather bored with this thread (I know...I have contributed to it...) I've always wondered what that actually means. Does it refer to the so called 'mile high club'? Or are there any birds that actually behave in that manner?

I believe that if you look up 'flying fuck' in the dictionary, there's a picture of Michael O'Leary.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:49 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Quote:

Just as an academic point and because I'm rather bored with this thread (I know...I have contributed to it...) I've always wondered what that actually means. Does it refer to the so called 'mile high club'? Or are there any birds that actually behave in that manner?

I believe that if you look up 'flying fuck' in the dictionary, there's a picture of Michael O'Leary.

Do I have to pay an extra few quid to do that? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:53 am 

Aliramone wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Quote:

Do I have to pay an extra few quid to do that? ;)

Only if you don't do it before you go to the bookshop.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:10 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Every time they've come here since the first meeting, it's all been a bit on the silly side of trouble, more than the actual terrifying side of trouble. There have been isolated incidents but almost every game other than that it's been hilarious.

I've seen AFC fans at TGI's because they didn't want to put money into the club by buying a pint inside the ground (Sat at the bar the time we drew 0-0 in Neilsons penultimate game.), a nice bloke ask me how to get to the away end, I've seen a AFC coat standing outside McDonalds having what looked like a friendly chat with a few of ours.... any of the squabbles, and I've had one or two myself were all for the daftest stuff... it is really at the point of silly more than "terrifying" (I use that so sarcastically I can barely bring myself to type it) now.

Honestly, I think there is more animosity when we play Cobblers at home than them lot. Last time they were here (for a proper game, not that PSF or lockdown bollocks) it was way more edgy than all of the AFC home games since 2012.

Away game, totally different. But well policed and handled last time we played them... speaking of police, the TVP are fucking useless when it comes to this fixture. Which dates all the way back to that 2012 game when Jimmy was so delusional to say he didn't understand why anyone thinks there will be trouble.

It won't be helped by fact the majority of the staff on the away end will be agency staff and SIA licence holders. the other night v Bradford,they bussed them in from an agency in Sheffield and I stood there and watched as one of them demanded to search a poor sod who had 2 withered arms. If he'd had a hand grenade he couldnt have thrown it much past his own feet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:10 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Quote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:55 pm 

Sums up John Cove Andy Gibb and Pete that they are limiting people coming to watch MK Dons. It's such a non-issue.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:57 pm 

Surprisingly, I have had someone ask me to get them a ticket, he’s not been to a Dons game for a while, but wants to go to this one

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:58 pm 

Rumour today it will be called off with AFC International call ups.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next