THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: AFC Tickets
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:27 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
If the walk ups are non-existent like you say they are then why make the hullabaloo in the first place? Makes the decision sound even more dumb when you think of it. Fuzzy logic works both ways Daniel. It's just an OTT decision based on very little issues. Our away end could house all Wimbledon fans if they really wanted to go.

Of course it's a dumb decision. But of all the many, MANY dumb decisions the club keeps making to piss people off, this one barely registers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:50 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Anyone who has suddenly decided to make this their first ever match - AFC's ninth visit to Milton Keynes, at a point when the club is on its arse, and when matches are being promoted about as well as a bout of cholera - probably needs preventing from buying a ticket purely as a safeguarding measure.

But that's the point. They don't get a choice in the matter. Now I am not saying it is going to be a 30k sell out, but when we have seen attendances fall to what is rock bottom (in our terms) why are we actively making it so hard. My OG point was TVP shit the can hard over this. Its like they think there is going to be mass riots and fires being set all over the place. It will be less than 6k what do they really think is going to happen?

None of this really matters. From what I've heard this season walk-up sales are virtually non-existent and advance matchday sales are rarely more than a few hundred.

At a guess, i reckon this locks out about ten people at the very most. It really isn't worth a non-Filthy ten-pager.

That rubbish. There is usually steady business and often a queue at the cash-only window between gates 4 and 5 at least, and possibly in the ticket office.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:06 pm 

I think the thread is getting down to semantics.

For me its more of an issue at concept. If we are to ever normalise this fixture, which lets face it is two dogshit L2 teams with miniscule fanbases, then it needs to be treated as such.

The more 'special measures' that are in place, the more likelihood of trouble due to the ill feeling the aforementioned measures cause.

Run it as the game that it actually is and I feel sure that it would create no more incident than any other home fixture. What has been put in place is an industrial level crushing machine to crush a grape.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:07 pm 

epdon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Anyone who has suddenly decided to make this their first ever match - AFC's ninth visit to Milton Keynes, at a point when the club is on its arse, and when matches are being promoted about as well as a bout of cholera - probably needs preventing from buying a ticket purely as a safeguarding measure.

But that's the point. They don't get a choice in the matter. Now I am not saying it is going to be a 30k sell out, but when we have seen attendances fall to what is rock bottom (in our terms) why are we actively making it so hard. My OG point was TVP shit the can hard over this. Its like they think there is going to be mass riots and fires being set all over the place. It will be less than 6k what do they really think is going to happen?

None of this really matters. From what I've heard this season walk-up sales are virtually non-existent and advance matchday sales are rarely more than a few hundred.

At a guess, i reckon this locks out about ten people at the very most. It really isn't worth a non-Filthy ten-pager.

That rubbish. There is usually steady business and often a queue at the cash-only window between gates 4 and 5 at least, and possibly in the ticket office.

Wow, big hook. One notoriously slow moving queue, and an assumption.

And the prosecution rests, does it? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:20 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
epdon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Wow, big hook. One notoriously slow moving queue, and an assumption.

And the prosecution rests, does it? :lol:

If the sales were non-existent, the queue wouldn’t be notoriously slow, would it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:25 pm 

epdon wrote:
If the sales were non-existent, the queue wouldn’t be notoriously slow, would it?

I didn't say non-existent. I said virtually non-existent.

Pay attention, 007. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:34 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

So on an international weekend without any Premiership or Championship football and with us having AFC at home, you think we'd only have 10 walk ups? I know attendance's are low, but Jesus. We'd have more than that for Harrogate at home.

The current rule would also exclude anyone who just buys tickets on the day, even if they've been to 100 games. I reckon quite a few casual decide on the morning of a home game if they're going to get a ticket or not. Hardly a rush to secure a seat!

This thread has the number of pages it does, because this overhyping of the 'situation' when playing AFC is just absurb. Whoever is enforcing this rule really needs a reality check.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:40 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
So on an international weekend without any Premiership or Championship football and with us having AFC at home, you think we'd only have 10 walk ups? I know attendance's are low, but Jesus. We'd have more than that for Harrogate at home.

The current rule would also exclude anyone who just buys tickets on the day, even if they've been to 100 games. I reckon quite a few casual decide on the morning of a home game if they're going to get a ticket or not. Hardly a rush to secure a seat!

This thread has the number of pages it does, because this overhyping of the 'situation' when playing AFC is just absurb. Whoever is enforcing this rule really needs a reality check.

Calm down, dear. What i meant was that about ten people who aren't eligible would be missing out.

I very much doubt there are loads of people randomly floating about in MK buying tickets on the day regularly. If they're that engaged, they'll be known to the club from some point or other.

And let's be honest here: very few people in Milton Keynes who aren't already going regularly give a flying fuck about MK Dons.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:48 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Calm down, dear. What i meant was that about ten people who aren't eligible would be missing out.

I very much doubt there are loads of people randomly floating about in MK buying tickets on the day regularly. If they're that engaged, they'll be known to the club from some point or other.

And let's be honest here: very few people in Milton Keynes who aren't already going regularly give a flying fuck about MK Dons.

Don't worry, I'm calm. The point is, no one should miss out, even if it's just one person, because the rule is absolutely moronic and unjustifed.

Also, MK isn't the only area people attend from. I frequently bump into parents of kids my daughter is friends with in Bedfordshire, who have already or are planning to start going to games.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:36 pm 

Quote:

Just as an academic point and because I'm rather bored with this thread (I know...I have contributed to it...) I've always wondered what that actually means. Does it refer to the so called 'mile high club'? Or are there any birds that actually behave in that manner?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next