THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:19 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
I honestly don't care personally. I'm not gonna clutch at straws and get seriously worked up over something so trivial in the grand scheme of things

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:13 pm 

paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
TangerineDon wrote:
Isn't our present style similarto that under Martin and Manning and didn't Eisa score lots of goals ? I certainly remember one against Barnsley.
Why wouldn't he fit into the team now?

Yeah, good point. Eisa arguably didn't suit GA's more physical style but still banged a few in.

People don't like Eisa because he's languid for a lot of the play but he does still put a shift in. He's also very, very sharp and fast and finds space well. Once we start getting some cutbacks to him he'll start scoring again. Also see the through pass Conor Grant gave Max Dean at the weekend. Get Eisa in the channel there between centre half and full back and he'll produce with even more regularity than Max does.

MW's exploitation of space over physically competing for loose balls suits Mo, although as Magpie says he doesn't win an awful lot during a higher press.

Yup, agree with you both. Eisa has suited a similar style before, so if anything should improve under MW. Has he ever been the same since his injury though? I know he had a good start to this season, but he just doesn't seem quite as sharp ever since coming back last season.

I suspect he'll start against Reading, so that'll be a good opportunity to see how he gets on. In the last 2 games, he's come on at a time where the game is pretty much done anyway. As you say, Eisa thrives of the type of ball Grant played into Dean but his confidence has been shot recently.

I had him down as one I'm not entirely convinced will regain his form for us, but I'm not 100% sold on that and I hope he proves me wrong. I'm not expecting him to put himself about like Dean, he's just not that type of player but I want to see the player of old who was excellent at getting into goal scoring positions and most importantly, finding the back of the net.

His goal against Wrexham wouldn't have looked out of place two leagues higher. Also he scored a poacher's special against Barnet in pre season which I don't think any of our other players would have scored.

I wouldn't be surprised to discover he was a wantaway in the summer though. Hopefully he thrives under MW.

Thats true about the Wrexham goal but its also true that some of the recent misses wouldnt look out of place down the rec on a sunday morning either. Its just where he is right now but does have the capacity to get back to form. I think he is going to have to wait for Dean to either get injured, suspended or knackered.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:02 am 

Magpie wrote:

Thats true about the Wrexham goal but its also true that some of the recent misses wouldnt look out of place down the rec on a sunday morning either. Its just where he is right now but does have the capacity to get back to form. I think he is going to have to wait for Dean to either get injured, suspended or knackered.

All 3 are quite possible, especially after the kick out against their center back in the last game.I think the ref choose to ignore it because of the treatment he was gettingfrom their CB's.