THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jack Payne
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:36 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Sign him on a perm. Or player swap him with Charlton for Kemp.

Would be happy to see him sign. Honestly been impressed since day one and was always the keenest player in any GA side.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:35 am 

paul4040 wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Would be happy to see him sign. Honestly been impressed since day one and was always the keenest player in any GA side.

I'll not disagree.
His attitude and ability will not have escaped MW.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:20 pm 

Never in my time watching football have i seen a player knocked to the floor and bounce up so quickly to win the loose ball back on multiple occasions. Him and gilbey in the 10 role for me is a cheat code and when allowed a license to go are just a nuisance for the opposition. I do not want to see both shackled again. However starting payne deeper then using grant early to unlock them then pushing payne forward to unnerve their tiring players is inspired tactical decision from iron mike. If i was a swindon or bradford player id be having nightmares about chasing the ball for 60 minutes then seeing payne and gilbey still have a full tank to chase you down in your own box for the final 30 because thats really what its been like the last 2 games.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:56 am 

I particularly liked seeing the Swindon defender trying to see the ball out of play for a goal kick and Payne running round him and nicking the ball before it could cross the line :lol:
He's a real pest to the opposition. Work route is fantastic, and looks like he's going to make something happen whenever he gets on the ball in the final third. Sign him up!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:07 am 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Never in my time watching football have i seen a player knocked to the floor and bounce up so quickly to win the loose ball back on multiple occasions. Him and gilbey in the 10 role for me is a cheat code and when allowed a license to go are just a nuisance for the opposition. I do not want to see both shackled again. However starting payne deeper then using grant early to unlock them then pushing payne forward to unnerve their tiring players is inspired tactical decision from iron mike. If i was a swindon or bradford player id be having nightmares about chasing the ball for 60 minutes then seeing payne and gilbey still have a full tank to chase you down in your own box for the final 30 because thats really what its been like the last 2 games.

Hadn’t noticed this in the way you describe. Now you point it out - I agree it’s a tactical front door key.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:30 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:

Makes no sense to me. No club in our position would swap a 23yr old hot prospect for a 29yr old who, apart from one season in the Championship, has spent his whole career in the bottom two divisions. Jack Payne will never play higher than L1. I suspect he's a much higher wage at Chalrton than Dan Kemp is on with us too. We'd have to make up the difference. It could be substantial and the weekly cost of another player!

You have to think of the re-sale value and potential development of the respective players when weighing up a "swap". No way could they be seen of equal value when you take into acount the factors above.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:19 am 

Camdenite wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Makes no sense to me. No club in our position would swap a 23yr old hot prospect for a 29yr old who, apart from one season in the Championship, has spent his whole career in the bottom two divisions. Jack Payne will never play higher than L1. I suspect he's a much higher wage at Chalrton than Dan Kemp is on with us too. We'd have to make up the difference. It could be substantial and the weekly cost of another player!

You have to think of the re-sale value and potential development of the respective players when weighing up a "swap". No way could they be seen of equal value when you take into acount the factors above.

Yep, no business case for that swap at all. May as well recall Kemp in January and see how he performs under MW. If he doesnt want to be here then flog him. Bear in mind that Kemp was pretty awful when he was here so there are no guarantees.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:30 am 

Magpie wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Yep, no business case for that swap at all. May as well recall Kemp in January and see how he performs under MW. If he doesnt want to be here then flog him. Bear in mind that Kemp was pretty awful when he was here so there are no guarantees.

yeah yeah yeah but that is when we were in League 1 look now he is scoring for fun and Swindon lose when he doesn't play. How dare you bring logic into an illogical argument :lol: . There is no guarantees with anything in life bar death and taxes. To be honest if we carry on the way we are going if the improvements continue on the regular do we really need Kemp to come back? If he is happy and is playing football (which he is) why stifle his progress. We can then assess next season depending on what league we are in. As you say he wasn't very good in the dozen or so games he played for us in League 1 which is fact. Unless we are injury stricken I don't really see the point in recalling him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:39 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Magpie wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

yeah yeah yeah but that is when we were in League 1 look now he is scoring for fun and Swindon lose when he doesn't play. How dare you bring logic into an illogical argument :lol: . There is no guarantees with anything in life bar death and taxes. To be honest if we carry on the way we are going if the improvements continue on the regular do we really need Kemp to come back? If he is happy and is playing football (which he is) why stifle his progress. We can then assess next season depending on what league we are in. As you say he wasn't very good in the dozen or so games he played for us in League 1 which is fact. Unless we are injury stricken I don't really see the point in recalling him.

Recall him because a) hes strengthening a rival b) whilst we have quite a big squad, a good few of them were purchased for hoofball c) Kemps stock will likely never go higher so if we dont want him or he doesnt want us, its a good time to sell.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:50 am 

Camdenite wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Oh come on Camdenite, you mean to tell me real life isn't like Football Manager :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next