THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:18 pm 

Facts under Robbie Nielsen in League One this season we played 28 winning 30 points at an average of 1.07 ppg, scoring at a rate of 1.03 gpg conceeding 1.42 gpg. Under Dan Micciche we have played 15 games gaining 12points at 0.8 ppg, scoring at a rate of 0.86 gpg whilst conceding 1.66 gpg.

I believe this is due to appointing a coach not a manager, if Dan was a manager he would have picked a system to suit the players he had but as a coach he tried to teach the players the way he wanted them to play and it has failed. At our level we will rarely get a team of great footballers (we did with Dele, Will, Benik,Carl etc.) so we need a level of pragmatism in whoever manages the team. In the summer we are more likely to have the chance to sign some effective players who aren't great footballers than some fantastic players so we need to have a manager willing to use them as well. We are rarely beaten by great teams normally just more organised and more effective units and if it helps convince anyone these effective players are generally cheaper than those with better skill levels!

This of course doesn't mean any new manager can't be progressive and believe in attacking football etc.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:47 am 

P.S. clearly read this and acted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:29 pm 

Yep I am clearly important and have been listened to, long live Pete!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:32 pm 
I'll tell you what was a failed experiment......Melontan aka tanning injections. I tried them when I was younger, ordered them off some dodgy website, had to inject my stomach with a tanning solution. Side effects included moles appearing, vomiting and chronic hard ons. It just made me orange.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:25 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
I'll tell you what was a failed experiment......Melontan aka tanning injections. I tried them when I was younger, ordered them off some dodgy website, had to inject my stomach with a tanning solution. Side effects included moles appearing, vomiting and chronic hard ons. It just made me orange.

Wow thanks that was really helpful

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:32 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:

I've never seen a mole appearing with a hard-on and vomiting; mind you I do have those sonic repellers in the flower beds.