THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:04 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:04 pm
Posts: 139
Just trawling through various local news outlets and came across stories relating to the 8 arrests on Saturday. Whilst arrests happen at every game and sometimes for very little, I found this quote from Northants Police a bit worrying.

“We know local rivalries can run high and had also received information that so-called ‘supporters’ of each team were planning to meet in the town centre ahead of the match in order to commit violence.

Read more at: https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/eig ... -1-8342892

Surely our gobby element aren't arranging 'meets'? Hoping it's just lads who know each other from college bigging themselves up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 897
Ask Alby. He will probably say it's the Police fault for not organising face painting. ;)

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:48 pm
Posts: 697
Location: In the Armchair.
Otterspocket wrote:
Just trawling through various local news outlets and came across stories relating to the 8 arrests on Saturday. Whilst arrests happen at every game and sometimes for very little, I found this quote from Northants Police a bit worrying.

“We know local rivalries can run high and had also received information that so-called ‘supporters’ of each team were planning to meet in the town centre ahead of the match in order to commit violence.

Read more at: https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/eig ... -1-8342892

Surely our gobby element aren't arranging 'meets'? Hoping it's just lads who know each other from college bigging themselves up.

Pitch encroachment .....when did that happen ?

_________________
The APL voted Thread of the Year 2017 in the TCR Awards.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:04 pm
Posts: 139
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Ask Alby. He will probably say it's the Police fault for not organising face painting. ;)


Maybe that's where they were being directed as they pass O'Neils, 'turn left at the lights and charly chalks is 2nd on your right'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:04 pm
Posts: 139
WellDon wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
Just trawling through various local news outlets and came across stories relating to the 8 arrests on Saturday. Whilst arrests happen at every game and sometimes for very little, I found this quote from Northants Police a bit worrying.

“We know local rivalries can run high and had also received information that so-called ‘supporters’ of each team were planning to meet in the town centre ahead of the match in order to commit violence.

Read more at: https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/eig ... -1-8342892

Surely our gobby element aren't arranging 'meets'? Hoping it's just lads who know each other from college bigging themselves up.

Pitch encroachment .....when did that happen ?


Did ask myself that, TBF it doesn't state if the arrests were ours of theirs, so it could have been a home fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:48 pm
Posts: 183
Otterspocket wrote:
Maybe that's where they were being directed as they pass O'Neils, 'turn left at the lights and charly chalks is 2nd on your right'

Funny you say that, given that the nearest pub to Sixfields was a Hungry Horse family feedbag-type establishment until it burnt down.

_________________
Robbie Neilson: the man who broke MK Dons.


Last edited by Lieutenant Dan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:54 am
Posts: 17
WellDon wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
Just trawling through various local news outlets and came across stories relating to the 8 arrests on Saturday. Whilst arrests happen at every game and sometimes for very little, I found this quote from Northants Police a bit worrying.

“We know local rivalries can run high and had also received information that so-called ‘supporters’ of each team were planning to meet in the town centre ahead of the match in order to commit violence.

Read more at: https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/eig ... -1-8342892

Surely our gobby element aren't arranging 'meets'? Hoping it's just lads who know each other from college bigging themselves up.

Pitch encroachment .....when did that happen ?


Some guy stepped onto the grass (not the pitch) to throw the ball to a Dons player in the last minute or so whilst they were wasting time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:13 pm
Posts: 89
Where are these double hards when the Norbitons rock up FFS.

_________________
He's cock royalty!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:04 pm
Posts: 139
Dan wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
Maybe that's where they were being directed as they pass O'Neils, 'turn left at the lights and charly chalks is 2nd on your right'

Funny you say that, given that the nearest pub to Sixfields was a Hungry Horse family feedback-type establishment until it burnt down.


Yeah I remember being told we had to go to TGI's as away fans and not being best impressed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:48 pm
Posts: 183
Otterspocket wrote:
Yeah I remember being told we had to go to TGI's as away fans and not being best impressed.

Terrible. What kind of shitty ground has a TGI Friday's as an away fans bar? ;)

_________________
Robbie Neilson: the man who broke MK Dons.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Oldbloke


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group