THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Micciche Confirmed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:45 am 

Just woke up and read the anouncement, let's hope the team can get the players ticking. Hopefully won't be another summer of 'rebuilding'. Hoping the belief of myself and a few others is correct that we have a very good set of players who were being under utilised by the previous regime. Good luck to all 3 of them.

BTW could Shere instantly 101 the 1st member who posts of disappointment in the appointment if we lose Saturday? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:48 am 

I do not understand the optimism of all fans ...
this is a very strange signing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:50 am 

Dan wrote:
So, the new management team consists of:

> A manager with extensive experience of, and a keen interest in, local youth development
> An assistant manager vastly experienced in the senior game
> A player-coach who is a (sorry, THE) club legend

That is exactly the kind of management team that this club should be about IMO. I can't think of a better way of restoring some of the soul to club and fans alike.

Well done PW, AC, etc.

This.
Must admit I was concerned when the Micciche/Mitchell team was being rumoured, but the addition of Millen mitigated that. And let’s not forget that Lewie, The Legend, knows League 1 inside and out, has a great footballing brain and is not afraid to speak his mind to managers ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:53 am 

I’m baffled people think “experience” means guaranteed results?? Talking experience, who is experienced and could come in and do a job long term? It’s not just this season. If we finish 15th I’d be delighted. It’s more about next season*.

Imagine we appointed Phil Brown? How is that any more exciting? Generic football league name just because he knows the League. Greyson was NEVER coming here so end of point. Sherwood? Fuck off. Warburton? Absolute prick and probably waiting for a “bigger” job. Other than that I’m struggling?

*What we have is a man who will get the players enjoying their football again. Football with smiles on faces. Which creates a buzz. Players gelling. Players not arguing with each other, players not showing frustrations. You have a man who gets involved in training being informative about a style. Not about clearing your lines to sit on a 1-0 win. It’s about keeping going. Creating partnerships and link ups. Something Aneke and Sow haven’t had yet because there is no style. That’s where you see players come together.
I’ve said it before but we have a good squad. If they enjoy playing football and start getting the ball down we will get results. And when we get results we will hopefully steer clear of the drop. And then it’s is the true start of a new era.

And if we go down? Yeah that’ll suck but it’s not Dan’s fault. This mess has been made by Neilson and his team. League Two would be his platform to get goin, so what. Get on with it. Welcome back Dan.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:54 am 

With Paul Mitchell being at the game last night, wouldn't be surprised if he will be involved in some capacity too, which would be excellent for us.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:55 am 

Ukrainefan wrote:

Not really given our history (since the move). An untried Manager with an experienced head next to him has been done a couple of times. Between them they'll bring a wealth of knowledge on young players around the country and in Millens case senior players too, as well as any contacts he has (a much undervalued commodity). It'll either be a resounding success or a terrible failure. Enjoy the ride!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:59 am 

Ukrainefan wrote:

That's English / UK fans for you. To quote the proverbial, they are either sick as a parrot or over the moon. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 pm 

really happy with this. millen is the perfect no.2. as others have said, fingers crossed mitchell is still a possibility too and that’d be a great team.

i know this doesn’t really mean anything but it all feels much more like us.

Post subject: Re: Micciche appointed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:41 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Is it on the OS now BCS? Where is it confirmed (not doubting you BTW).

As I stated elsewhere, I'm pretty excited about this.

:?: Did you read the OP? :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: Micciche appointed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:44 pm 

AB4 wrote:
The photo looks a bit rushed too on the official site. Just grab the nearest scarf and snap.

But better an early appointment and rushed photo than dragging on and on.

Yeah i was hoping for some of that Sanchez stuff from Man Utd.... They should of go them all doing the Chelsea Dagger whilst Pete played the Maracas

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next