THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Micciche appointed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:12 am 

Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
No bedwetting, please, if he loses his first few games.

Even if by then we are out the cup losing to a League two side and maybe 6 points adrift in the bottom four?

Even then.

Post subject: Re: Micciche Confirmed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 am 

I'm excited, that may work out to be unjustified but they can't do worse than RN and I think whatever happens there is likely to be a new manager "bounce" from the team. Lewie can help advise them on the players. Let's just get behind them and see what happens.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 am 

Truth be told i'm absolutely buzzing my tits off.

Exactly what we need but many chairmen might not be brave enough to deliver. A guy that wholeheartedly gets mk, is responsible for much of our heralded ethos over the years and now gets the opportunity to take that ethos and restore it in front of an audience. I really hope we get bums on seats and buy into this trio as much as we can and recognise hes taken on a squad that wasnt assembled to play the mk way and this isnt a 6 month project its a long term venture.

We also have alpngside this expansive, forward thinking coach the experienced mentor who has worked under some very defensively astute managers and will hopefully add a discipline to that expansive mindset and compliment each other.

Dean is also back home in this new player/coach capacity and hopefully we can find that mk identity again and connect with this old, new look milton keynes dons.

Also for all those that labour this experience tone ... he will be more experienced than most at having his finger on the pulse with englands brightest young footballers to maybe snag a gem.

Coyds. Buzzing haha

Last edited by Beardhidesboy64 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 am 

I think given the position we are in most "other" clubs would recruit an experienced get out of danger quick results Manager I would have gone for someone like this myself.

However having read what the three of them have said I am genuinely excited to see what comes out of this.

We may go down, we may not but if they are serious about playing an exciting brand of football then they have my vote.

TBH whoever got the job would have had my backing 100% as i support this club and whoever is in charge, whatever league we are in.

We are Milton Keynes, we never conform to the norm.

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Even if by then we are out the cup losing to a League two side and maybe 6 points adrift in the bottom four?

Even then.

I will give it till the end of the season. If I am then planning train journeys to Grimsby and Morcambe then I will ask your permission sir to wet said bed.

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Even then.

I think a few are going to need diapers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Given time, some of you are going to hate the football though, I’m sure..

When done properly, with attacking intent, it's a joy to watch. When done with no cutting edge, we might as well watch the shite of the last few months.

I'm hoping Dan is less stubborn than KR and more pragmatic; some of our squad aren't capable of the passing game, so a hybrid approach will be needed. But some will relish it and will flourish.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the football again, and not just having a beer with mates.

I like Spurs idea of hitting the diagonal occasionally and even Man City have employed the long ball recently, although even their keeper has the accuracy to make it look good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
I like Spurs idea of hitting the diagonal occasionally

One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in live football was Glenn Hoddle hitting awesome diagonal balls (this was for England mind you, not Spurs, so his colleagues then spanked it up).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 am 

So, the new management team consists of:

> A manager with extensive experience of, and a keen interest in, local youth development
> An assistant manager vastly experienced in the senior game
> A player-coach who is a (sorry, THE) club legend

That is exactly the kind of management team that this club should be about IMO. I can't think of a better way of restoring some of the soul to club and fans alike.

Well done PW, AC, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:35 am 

Dan wrote:
So, the new management team consists of:

> A manager with extensive experience of, and a keen interest in, local youth development
> An assistant manager vastly experienced in the senior game
> A player-coach who is a (sorry, THE) club legend

That is exactly the kind of management team that this club should be about IMO. I can't think of a better way of restoring some of the soul to club and fans alike.

Well done PW, AC, etc.

Brilliantly summed up. I'm still sceptical as it's still an experiment and I'm not sure if that's wise while in this much trouble, but I'm happy enough with it so far.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next