THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Micciche Confirmed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:51 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Being honest, I feel a bit disappointed and underwhelmed. I was hoping for an experienced man at this stage, especially as the novice-RN approach did not work.

However, I am hoping that I am proved wrong and that it works out. Let's get behind both them and the team as we seek to stay up as the main priority.

Could be an interesting ride....

RN was not a novice. He manager the first team of Hearts. Micciche on the other hand has no first team experience. He knows the club, but I am hoping the experienced hand of the king will steer the rudderless ship in the right direction!

RN was still a novice relatively speaking, he had not been manager at Hearts for long.

Anyway, I like the fact Micciche knows the club etc

Post subject: Re: Micciche appointed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:52 am 

dons50 wrote:
No bedwetting, please, if he loses his first few games.

Even if by then we are out the cup losing to a League two side and maybe 6 points adrift in the bottom four?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:54 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Given time, some of you are going to hate the football though, I’m sure..

When done properly, with attacking intent, it's a joy to watch. When done with no cutting edge, we might as well watch the shite of the last few months.

I'm hoping Dan is less stubborn than KR and more pragmatic; some of our squad aren't capable of the passing game, so a hybrid approach will be needed. But some will relish it and will flourish.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the football again, and not just having a beer with mates.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:55 am 

jackdon wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Being honest, I feel a bit disappointed and underwhelmed. I was hoping for an experienced man at this stage, especially as the novice-RN approach did not work.

However, I am hoping that I am proved wrong and that it works out. Let's get behind both them and the team as we seek to stay up as the main priority.

Maybe say this on one more thread as people must be missing it.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:58 am 

ChaChaDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
MK Jack wrote:
Here we go again. Why wont Pete Winkelman appoint a proper manager. This is not going to work another way out crazy choice

Ince worked (the first time) and only had a few months at Macc prior. RDM worked (first managerial appointment). KR worked (first managerial appointment). RN did not work (manager with a couple of years experience and a pretty good track record).

Oh that wacky Winkie and his crazy choices. 8-)

Ince - 609 appearances in club football and 53 more appearances for England
RDM - 323 appearances plus 34 for Italy
KR - Assistant Manager at Blackburn and MK Dons

Dan Micciche - England Under 16s head coach and MK Dons youth coach. No professional football experience.

You can see why people are sceptical sitting in 21st place. Not to say it’s the wrong appointment, time will tell, but a little concerning.

Jose Mourinho & Arse Wenger - worse footballers than me.

John Barnes, Ruud Gullit and about 8,000,000 others - great footballers, lots of caps, jingle-jangle medals. Fucking useless managers.

Mourinho was only mentored by Sir Bobby Robson.

Your post was bigging up Ince & RDMs playing credentials. Not what happened subsequently.

It’s not about their playing credentials but more about their experience in and around the men’s game. DM seems to have little. Yes some players don’t make good managers and some non-playing managers are good managers. But 21st in League 1, is now the time for the experiment?

If it is, I will support him, however I just feel that we need a firefighter in now who will keep us up. If DM comes in and is successful great, but right now I have reservations.

I guess it depends on how people feel about the squad we have. My personal view is that it is good enough to be doing better than it has. Yes we possibly need another signing or two (LB at least) but what we have should be good enough for mid table style results for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:59 am 

ChaChaDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
MK Jack wrote:
Here we go again. Why wont Pete Winkelman appoint a proper manager. This is not going to work another way out crazy choice

Ince worked (the first time) and only had a few months at Macc prior. RDM worked (first managerial appointment). KR worked (first managerial appointment). RN did not work (manager with a couple of years experience and a pretty good track record).

Oh that wacky Winkie and his crazy choices. 8-)

Dan Micciche - England Under 16s head coach and MK Dons youth coach. No professional football experience.

You can see why people are sceptical sitting in 21st place. Not to say it’s the wrong appointment, time will tell, but a little concerning.

John Barnes, Ruud Gullit and about 8,000,000 others - great footballers, lots of caps, jingle-jangle medals. Fucking useless managers.

Mourinho was only mentored by Sir Bobby Robson.

Your post was bigging up Ince & RDMs playing credentials. Not what happened subsequently.

It’s not about their playing credentials but more about their experience in and around the men’s game. DM seems to have little. Yes some players don’t make good managers and some non-playing managers are good managers. But 21st in League 1, is now the time for the experiment?

If it is, I will support him, however I just feel that we need a firefighter in now who will keep us up. If DM comes in and is successful great, but right now I have reservations.

Sensible comments and I reckon you share the same view as at least half of the folks on here. But, it's a done deal now, so I guess we'll soon know one way or the other!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:59 am 

1st Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja3_Nr24CII

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Given time, some of you are going to hate the football though, I’m sure..

When done properly, with attacking intent, it's a joy to watch. When done with no cutting edge, we might as well watch the shite of the last few months.

I'm hoping Dan is less stubborn than KR and more pragmatic; some of our squad aren't capable of the passing game, so a hybrid approach will be needed. But some will relish it and will flourish.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the football again, and not just having a beer with mates.

All is well with the world now :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 am 

keyser soze wrote:
jackdon wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Maybe say this on one more thread as people must be missing it.

:lol:

I just made a post on the most interesting thread, just to keep it at the top................oops! :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:06 am 

You can see why people are sceptical sitting in 21st place. Not to say it’s the wrong appointment, time will tell, but a little concerning.[/quote]

John Barnes, Ruud Gullit and about 8,000,000 others - great footballers, lots of caps, jingle-jangle medals. Fucking useless managers.[/quote]

Mourinho was only mentored by Sir Bobby Robson.[/quote]
Your post was bigging up Ince & RDMs playing credentials. Not what happened subsequently.[/quote]

If it is, I will support him, however I just feel that we need a firefighter in now who will keep us up. If DM comes in and is successful great, but right now I have reservations.[/quote]
Sensible comments and I reckon you share the same view as at least half of the folks on here. But, it's a done deal now, so I guess we'll soon know one way or the other![/

I think the seat belt sign just turned on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next