THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:06 pm 

Gilbey said it is the easy thing to blame the manager and the players should look at themselves.

I’m going to say it’s the ‘lazy’ thing to blame the manager. I don’t really care that much about GA. I’ve got no loyalty to him. He hasn’t won my admiration or respect. I don’t like the football at all. While he shows signs of improvement, I’d give him slack, but that’s me. Today was a new low though.

What I see on the pitch are two things. Half arsed players and a lack of cohesion. Nothing is clicking. There is no spark. No togetherness. No caring. No understanding. The same core of players who screwed up last season under two different managers, one of whom we know to be half decent, are doing it again. I still think it is self-destructive to boo them off the pitch and call them shit, but they have to take responsibility too.

If there’s a saviour manager out there - great - but I don’t believe it, because the players’ heads are not right. The club is rotting away from the inside. It’s the visible signs we’re seeing. If the players are refusing to play for him then he should go but the players should carry the shame of that (again)!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:28 pm 

A new gaffer, the right gaffer, has responsibility to turn their heads and improve their mentality equally, if not more so, than tactics and formations. Look at Warnock, Huddersfield were dead, buried and written off - he changed it all with mentality above all else and it isn't the first time.

Tiadale did similar when he came in. Really gave them a clean slate and a feeling they are good enough. I don't doubt GA is admired and liked by the team but something isn't right.
I'd hoped he'd change the mentality but it appears not. The likes of Gilbey and Smith who've shown real passion weren't here last season for the relegation. It isn't a weight on their shoulders. But it might still be for others. We can't keep going on about it but we can't plaster over a deep wound either.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:40 pm 

1It's not just the previous crop of players who aren't perming thoigh is it? Payne has been poor, Tomlinson hit and miss, even storming Norman has lost his ealy sparkle. Williams too. Something isn't isn't right in the camp, the responsibility falls squarely on Alexander.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:11 pm 

The question isn’t ‘is it too early to sack him?’ its ‘have we left it too late to save the season?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:12 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
The question isn’t ‘is it too early to sack him?’ its ‘have we left it too late to save the season?

For the record I don’t think the season is lost yet… but it’s moving that way at pace.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:34 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:
Gilbey said it is the easy thing to blame the manager and the players should look at themselves.

I’m going to say it’s the ‘lazy’ thing to blame the manager. I don’t really care that much about GA. I’ve got no loyalty to him. He hasn’t won my admiration or respect. I don’t like the football at all. While he shows signs of improvement, I’d give him slack, but that’s me. Today was a new low though.

What I see on the pitch are two things. Half arsed players and a lack of cohesion. Nothing is clicking. There is no spark. No togetherness. No caring. No understanding. The same core of players who screwed up last season under two different managers, one of whom we know to be half decent, are doing it again. I still think it is self-destructive to boo them off the pitch and call them shit, but they have to take responsibility too.

If there’s a saviour manager out there - great - but I don’t believe it, because the players’ heads are not right. The club is rotting away from the inside. It’s the visible signs we’re seeing. If the players are refusing to play for him then he should go but the players should carry the shame of that (again)!

We seem to had 2 players start yesterday were regulars last season, then Woz who missed half the season and Stewart who barely played a minute. Weirdly the one player who seemed to have improved this season, Tucker, has been dropped and the results have got worse.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:07 am 

Add Harvie, Eisa and Leko to Stewart and O’Hora. Plus the other players this season who have played who were with us last time. Then add the argument of carrying over a losing mentality, which does not stack up if the critical mass of the team has changed.

Do I have to explain everything, Corner?? ;) (Just kidding).

There is definitely a head thing going on with these players. In August/September my question was about whether they are truly playing for or against GA. I couldn’t say then and still can’t. But their heads look wrong to me. And the same happened last season. We had signs for encouragement several times followed by sustained relapses. That’s now under three very different managers/coaches.

I can’t imagine the booing and jeering has helped.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:12 am 

A barrow for Mr Alexander?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:25 am 

Time to go I'm afraid. It won't be long before we are fighting relegation if PW doesn't act now. The only chance of turning it round is a new voice. What appeared to be a good recruitment has not worked. Just get on and do it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:04 am 

Only 5 points off the play-offs.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next