THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dan Kemp
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:27 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Bloody hell, a 25 pager for someone who is leaving in the summer....

We got to 32 pages for a goalkeeper we never wanted. 25 pages on a player who only a few months ago most on here were jizzing all over their own faces for saying he is going to smash the goals in is the bare minimum. All I can say is waste of a recall if he is just going to sit on the bench and waste what as you rightly say be the last four months of his MK playing days. But what the fuck do I know I didn't really care either way if he came back or not. It's just funny how some have soured to him so quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:40 pm 

Its is funny how the tide has turned. The general narrative was he was 'the best player in L2'. My narrative was that he was putrid dogshit for us first time around so my low expectations have been slightly exceeded.

I think he will still play more often than not to justify not selling him in January.

Its not that he has done anything wrong really, he just hasnt really done anything. Square peg, round hole. Thats it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:26 pm 

He scored against 'our friends' didn't he?
Not HOG quality but nevertheless because of that deed he is up there in my exalted pantheon (pardon?).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:06 pm 

Fickle fans indeed.

Apparently Kemp has gone from best player in the league to useless just by moving club.
The opinion on here was that Eisa was no longer at L2 standard, but he has already scored in L1.
And Craig MacGillavray was allegedly a much better keeper, but has conceded 5 goals in 4 appearances for a team in the playoff spots.

Give Kemp a chance, particularly while he is having to play out of position.
If he ends up as an impact sub, so be it. We need quality on the bench as much as in the starting 11.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:57 pm 

epdon wrote:
Fickle fans indeed.

Apparently Kemp has gone from best player in the league to useless just by moving club.
The opinion on here was that Eisa was no longer at L2 standard, but he has already scored in L1.
And Craig MacGillavray was allegedly a much better keeper, but has conceded 5 goals in 4 appearances for a team in the playoff spots.

Give Kemp a chance, particularly while he is having to play out of position.
If he ends up as an impact sub, so be it. We need quality on the bench as much as in the starting 11.

I love Mo, but back scoring in L1 via an almighty fluke is not really the gotcha here,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:00 pm 

Dies he look poor because we're expecting a League Two Bernardo Silva, or do we think he's poor because he's not scored many?

I don't think he's been all that tbh, but I will admit he's earning his ppace in the eleven on his work rate alone. What he's lacking in goals he's making up for in ground covered etc. That, albeit is the least I expect in a player - but not many can cover the yards he has and that's valuable when you're fighting for every point

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:29 pm 

One thing I will say is he is an upgrade on Grant in my opinion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:53 am 

I really hope we drop him against Swindon on Saturday. He just doesn't seem to be mentally robust enough when its not going his way - which it pretty much hasn't his whole MK career. Playing against the club he'd rather be at, out of his optimal position, he'll just shrink again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:53 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
One thing I will say is he is an upgrade on Grant in my opinion

I agree but thats a low bar!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:31 am 

I actually thought he started well yesterday and was one of our better players, but he gradually got worse and worse.

It all started to go down hill for him when he received the ball in a decent area, Tezgel had made a run through the middle and was completely open but Kemp had no awareness to this at all and ignored him. From there on out, he didn't do anything right and over and over again lost the ball.

Wearne looks a lot better in that position. Smarter on the ball and disposed far less often.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next