THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 pm 

Just trawling through various local news outlets and came across stories relating to the 8 arrests on Saturday. Whilst arrests happen at every game and sometimes for very little, I found this quote from Northants Police a bit worrying.

“We know local rivalries can run high and had also received information that so-called ‘supporters’ of each team were planning to meet in the town centre ahead of the match in order to commit violence.

Read more at: https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/eig ... -1-8342892

Surely our gobby element aren't arranging 'meets'? Hoping it's just lads who know each other from college bigging themselves up.

Post subject: Re: This can't be true?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:48 pm 

Ask Alby. He will probably say it's the Police fault for not organising face painting. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:49 pm 

Otterspocket wrote:
Just trawling through various local news outlets and came across stories relating to the 8 arrests on Saturday. Whilst arrests happen at every game and sometimes for very little, I found this quote from Northants Police a bit worrying.

“We know local rivalries can run high and had also received information that so-called ‘supporters’ of each team were planning to meet in the town centre ahead of the match in order to commit violence.

Surely our gobby element aren't arranging 'meets'? Hoping it's just lads who know each other from college bigging themselves up.

Pitch encroachment .....when did that happen ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Ask Alby. He will probably say it's the Police fault for not organising face painting. ;)

Maybe that's where they were being directed as they pass O'Neils, 'turn left at the lights and charly chalks is 2nd on your right'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:51 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

Did ask myself that, TBF it doesn't state if the arrests were ours of theirs, so it could have been a home fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm 

Otterspocket wrote:
Maybe that's where they were being directed as they pass O'Neils, 'turn left at the lights and charly chalks is 2nd on your right'

Funny you say that, given that the nearest pub to Sixfields was a Hungry Horse family feedbag-type establishment until it burnt down.

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WellDon wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

Some guy stepped onto the grass (not the pitch) to throw the ball to a Dons player in the last minute or so whilst they were wasting time.

Where are these double hards when the Norbitons rock up FFS.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 pm 

Dan wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

Funny you say that, given that the nearest pub to Sixfields was a Hungry Horse family feedback-type establishment until it burnt down.

Yeah I remember being told we had to go to TGI's as away fans and not being best impressed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:54 pm 

Otterspocket wrote:
Yeah I remember being told we had to go to TGI's as away fans and not being best impressed.

Terrible. What kind of shitty ground has a TGI Friday's as an away fans bar? ;)