THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mitch and Micciche
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 pm 

APMKDon wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Hugo wrote:
Again, how is this guy going to motivate our players, and are the players going to respect his views and ideas as a youth team coach , remember we are in a relegation scrap.

Dele alli certainly respects him, openly crediting him for having the biggest influence on his development.

If Dele saying that perhaps we should listen

Not quite the same as trying to motivate a hairy arsed centre back in the twilight of his career though.

(that said, I think with the right experience around him, it would be an exciting appointment :) )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:49 pm 

So happy. Colin Wanker probably would have been bettter short term (results wise), but Pete's not a short-termist. He looks at the long term future of the club, and getting someone with the vision and people skills of Mick Quiche and the connections and recruitment knowledge of Mitchel will supplement any shortcomings. DM and PM provide the kind of ethos that we want ingrained in our club, and regardless of how this season pans out, I hope we give them time.

All that send, lose to Coventry and they should be sacked

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:52 pm 

Sorry to perhaps be a lone voice, but I personally would be underwhelmed and a tad disappointed unless we got in a man/ management team with more experience.
Still feel our fingers are burnt with the "bold move" on a young manager that was Neilson....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 pm 

Mick Quiche. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Sorry to perhaps be a lone voice, but I personally would be underwhelmed and a tad disappointed unless we got in a man/ management team with more experience.
Still feel our fingers are burnt with the "bold move" on a young manager that was Neilson....

He had experience and look where hat got us

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:55 pm 

APMKDon wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Hugo wrote:
Again, how is this guy going to motivate our players, and are the players going to respect his views and ideas as a youth team coach , remember we are in a relegation scrap.

Dele alli certainly respects him, openly crediting him for having the biggest influence on his development.

If Dele saying that perhaps we should listen

One slight caveat is that when Dele Alli said that, he was talking about Micciche's work as an Academy coach. There's no doubt be was great at that and certainly helped develop Dele and others. Being first team manager is very different. The players should definitely respect him, and they would be bang out of order not to, but his work with Dele is not proof that he'll make a good first team manager. However I hope he does and will back him completely. I hope we do get Keith Millen as his assistant. That would be a coup. He's been an assistant in the top 2 divisions, mainly the PL, for a number of years. So for him to drop down to league one in the same role would be a good appointment. They could compliment each other well.
Micciche would definitely need some help with transfers though: is Mitchell being appointed as well? That would be another good coup along with Millen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:59 pm 

Alby wrote:
Galverion wrote:

He had experience and look where hat got us

Well, that is kind of my point...when I say experience, I mean more years that Robbie had. He was pretty much still a novice. Just feel we are in too critical a time (for this season and the next few years) to gamble on novices again....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:08 pm 

Keith Millen has over 10 year’s managerial experience in PL and Championship and is credited with restoring team spirit at Crystal Palace. I think his credentials are rather good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:00 am 

leodon wrote:
Keith Millen has over 10 year’s managerial experience in PL and Championship and is credited with restoring team spirit at Crystal Palace. I think his credentials are rather good.

Sorry, far, far from convinced

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:02 am 

Getting a tad worried now....delighted RN has gone, but I was really looking forward for an established, experienced manager to take our club on. Not some untried novices.
Do the right, sensible and above all, the RIGHT thing Pete...please. Last thing we want is to find ourselves in a similar position in a year's time....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next