THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coventry tickets
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:52 am 

Russybcool wrote:
We will be out supported, outsung and outplayed.

Nothing new there. I'll still go.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:55 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

We are normally not out supported (but I get the false attendance of league games due to season tickets plays a part in that).

We should have never gave them that many. It is not like we get the whole gate receipts. its 40/40/20 so we don't really gain much from letting them have 7k fans, apart from more stewards keeping them quiet and a lot more police. All at our expense.

But we are this seasons laughing stock, might as well add another bullet point to the list of shit that has been this season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:15 am 

Russybcool wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

We are normally not out supported (but I get the false attendance of league games due to season tickets plays a part in that).

We should have never gave them that many. It is not like we get the whole gate receipts. its 40/40/20 so we don't really gain much from letting them have 7k fans, apart from more stewards keeping them quiet and a lot more police. All at our expense.

But we are this seasons laughing stock, might as well add another bullet point to the list of shit that has been this season.

Stewards, police and all the other expenses come out of the pot before what’s left is divided up. If 8000 cov fans help pay for Neilson and co severance pay then the more the merrier. If people like you stay away, of course we will be outnumbered but, I and four others are going to enjoy our day out thanks and win or lose will be back again to support the team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:45 am 

I'll be going - buy on the day.

Time to get behind the team and new management structure chaps, our season starts on Saturday.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 am 

BracknellDons wrote:
I'll be going - buy on the day.

Time to get behind the team and new management structure chaps, our season starts on Saturday.....

I'm expecting a slight boost to ticket sales due to the new management. Should be a good game, it is after all the FA Cup!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:30 am 

Frankly I'm expecting a surge. New manager announced Tuesday which means there are a good few days for sales.

A lot of supporters will be intrigued to see if there is an immediate change of style / performance.

Genuinely positive looking forward and Saturday is really a no lose for the new manager.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:49 am 

Their local rag is blaming Wolves for the 'restricted' number of tickets available, nothing to do with their fans oh, no. I trust SISU are going to be stood outside the away end thanking them all for their money.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:04 pm 

Otterspocket wrote:
Their local rag is blaming Wolves for the 'restricted' number of tickets available, nothing to do with their fans oh, no. I trust SISU are going to be stood outside the away end thanking them all for their money.

Wolves?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:10 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

Wolves?

Yep, from the time they were about to get promoted from LGE One (not the animal).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:40 pm 

Otterspocket wrote:
Yep, from the time they were about to get promoted from LGE One (not the animal).

That was a great day, especially Wetherspoons before and afterwards. 99.9% of the Wolves fans I met were really good people.

Also, I remember the outcry on here when too many of them stood on a picnic table at the Enigma Tavern and it broke, and it was decried as a return to the dark days of hooliganism. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next