THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Edu Rubio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 am 

Excellent interview with Edu Rubio on iFollow, after last nights U23 game. Worth watching.
Enthusiastic, good communicator, everything we have been missing. Someone who can connect with fans and players I think.

Whoever we get as the new gaffer, I do hope we can keep Edu fully on board as part of the team.
Our next-but-one manager?

Post subject: Re: Edu Rubio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:43 am 

His interviews have been a highlight of this season. I know it’s easy to get taken in by a Spanish voice talking about how the game should be played, but it fills me with confidence that we have someone who believes so passionately in development and all the facets that get a lad from under 8’s to first team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 am 

All of what he said after last night seemed like a subtle dig at the abysmal Neilson and Co. regime..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:42 am 

Camdenite wrote:
His interviews have been a highlight of this season. I know it’s easy to get taken in by a Spanish voice talking about how the game should be played, but it fills me with confidence that we have someone who believes so passionately in development and all the facets that get a lad from under 8’s to first team.

Agree. We have learnt more from Ed than Robbie and his coaching team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:45 am 

RedDotDon wrote:
All of what he said after last night seemed like a subtle dig at the abysmal Neilson and Co. regime..

He’s been saying the same pretty much all season though about our DNA etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:03 pm 
I really feel like Rubio is mirroring Micciche's career so far and probably will continue to.

Revitalizing the academy, achieving success (U18's league title) and really promoting the club philosophy as well as getting involved in external youth projects with the Spanish FA and also helping out Gareth Edds' academy in Australia.

Think he will also mirror Micciche in that he will eventually move on to working with the English or Spanish FA, and then potentially return here further down the line.

I'm really happy about having Rubio as academy manager, and Micciche as first team manager - there should be a good professional relationship building there considering both have similar backgrounds/mentalities.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:43 pm 

epdon wrote:
Excellent interview with Edu Rubio on iFollow, after last nights U23 game. Worth watching.
Enthusiastic, good communicator, everything we have been missing. Someone who can connect with fans and players I think.

Whoever we get as the new gaffer, I do hope we can keep Edu fully on board as part of the team.
Our next-but-one manager?

I agree, I never got why people said they liked Nielson's interviews, I thought they were dull, repetitive and not incisive at all. It was just the same "they're a good team", "we played well in parts", "its a tough league", "we go again" platitudes week in week out. Edu has a much more engaging interview style and often comments on specific technical aspects of the game, something that Neilson never really did.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:11 pm 

Nkdon wrote:
Edu has a much more engaging interview style and often comments on specific technical aspects of the game, something that Neilson never really did.

I wonder why? ;)

Some people are students of the game. Some aren’t.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:37 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Nkdon wrote:
Edu has a much more engaging interview style and often comments on specific technical aspects of the game, something that Neilson never really did.

I wonder why? ;)

Some people are students of the game. Some aren’t.

:) I'm really pleased with Pete's recruitment, my brother has friends in coaching and they all speak very, very highly of Dan. I think we will have a great Management team with Dan, Keith, Lewie and Edu all contributing.