THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:30 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Scribble wrote:
I think it’s petty shoving away fans in the top tier, penny pinching at the extreme, all it does is make the stadium look even emptier

Nah, fuck'em. They've got padded seats and a good view. They could be in the leg-breakers on the side stand at London Road.

Exactly, it's a great view up there and it may limit the noise somewhat when Pete decides another money making big following can have as many as they want.

Our record when big followings come to Town is absolutely abysmal quite frankly. I can only think of wins against Mansfield and Sheffield United. Any other time it's a draw or a standard defeat.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:38 pm 

Mk Ron wrote:
Clock end at Highbury....

That was it. Went to a cup match with when I was about 12. Think it was Sheff Weds or Blackburn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:47 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
dons50 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
midfielder wrote:
Where was the ground where you used to be able to gob on the opposition fans below, or did I imagine that from my mis-spent yoof?

Wolves. Bamford & Gleeson scored? They were above us. Radar and Dan were wankered. Happy days.

It was Reeves who scored, not Gleeson.

I don't have a functional memory anymore, so thanks. :)

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:11 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
midfielder wrote:
Where was the ground where you used to be able to gob on the opposition fans below, or did I imagine that from my mis-spent yoof?

Wolves. Bamford & Gleeson scored? They were above us. Radar and Dan were wankered. Happy days.

Radar wasn't there second half - he thought the half time whistle was the end of the game and left :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:55 am 

midland don wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
midfielder wrote:

Radar wasn't there second half - he thought the half time whistle was the end of the game and left :lol:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:42 am 

Wolves away, what a day out that was. I remember seeing pissed blokes crying with joy when we won.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:56 am 

keyser soze wrote:
midfielder wrote:

For the record Molineux is one of the worst grounds I have ever visited. We had to sit in our ticketed seats (for a then league 1 club they were very up their own arses) so I had to sit nowhere near where my friends were. The leg room was worse than QPR (if you can believe that) and as you say the Wolves fans above us were throwing anything they could at us cause we won. I am sure some bodily fluids were thrown.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:02 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Scribble wrote:
I think it’s petty shoving away fans in the top tier, penny pinching at the extreme, all it does is make the stadium look even emptier

Nah, fuck'em. They've got padded seats and a good view. They could be in the leg-breakers on the side stand at London Road.

This in a nutshell. Could be at a ground where they don't get perfect sight lines (Bloomfield Rd). In my mind they should fill upper tier first for every away fan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:28 am 

Who cares. They're not me

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:44 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
midfielder wrote:

This is correct.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next