THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Away fans in Upper tier
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:13 am 

has been done to save money on stewards. However can't help think it's also detrimental to the overall atmosphere at home games.I was up there yesterday and they were a decent bunch
Any views ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:28 am 

I thought it was done as we weren't given the space behind the goal in our away games. I did wonder if it played a role in Tranmere's decision to swap ends, in that we would be playing to a empty stand in the 2nd half.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:51 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
I thought it was done as we weren't given the space behind the goal in our away games. I did wonder if it played a role in Tranmere's decision to swap ends, in that we would be playing to a empty stand in the 2nd half.

Saves them having to have stewards sat in front of them ,they've also done away with pitch runners as well to save costs,

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:56 am 

Yeah doesn’t fuss me, won’t help the atmosphere regardless as it’s too big and empty. Keep them up high.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:25 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

We're not exactly unused to that ;) - although I know what ya mean.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:26 am 

I don't like it myself - if I was a visitor I would want to be in the bottom tier so on that basis it feels a bit churlish

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:29 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
I did wonder if it played a role in Tranmere's decision to swap ends, in that we would be playing to a empty stand in the 2nd half.

Tranmere didn't realise that playing into an empty end is pretty much the same as playing into the cowshed. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:37 am 

Thought it was a good Turnout from Tranmere.. 800 they made some noise proberly had a great day up there apart from the result....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:02 pm 

Mk Ron wrote:
Thought it was a good Turnout from Tranmere.. 800 they made some noise proberly had a great day up there apart from the result....

there were a few worse for wear , but most were absolutely fine. I think going to away games. It's more than just about the actual football isn't it. ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:10 pm 

I was in the upper tier block 22 yesterday. Tranmere fans created a good atmosphere when they were singing.
Worthy of note that any away fan saying the Dons fans are quiet is talking shite. Obviously parts of the game it was like a library but full credit to block 11 and 12, for long periods loud and proud!